Author Topic: Snacks! What have I done?????  (Read 23766 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Snacks! What have I done?????
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »
Hey Deb...I think the menu sounds great.

I want the meat recipe too, please dear Thor.. :-)

Nuh uh........ :smile:   :tongue:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »

Please Thor with a cherry on top
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline debk

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 12:21:21 AM »

aw come on, pretty please....it's my birfday!!

:tongue:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 07:31:36 AM »
The chuck roast in the crockpot sounds good.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »
The chuck roast in the crockpot sounds good.

It would be, but after much back and forthing, I am going with......STROMBOLI!  I already have everything for a great antipasto plate.  All of the tomatoes we harvested on Thanksgiving have finally ripened, so I am going to make a caprese salad too. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
It would be, but after much back and forthing, I am going with......STROMBOLI!  I already have everything for a great antipasto plate.  All of the tomatoes we harvested on Thanksgiving have finally ripened, so I am going to make a caprese salad too. 

You mean I wasted all of those pixels sending you a recipe??  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2010, 08:59:41 AM »
You mean I wasted all of those pixels sending you a recipe??  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Don't be such a doofus.  I am making the roast.  For Boxing Day.   :thatsright: 

Better now?   :tongue:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
Hmmmmph......... Boxing day.......  :hammer:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 09:46:12 AM »
Hmmmmph......... Boxing day.......  :hammer:

Ok fine.  The day after Christmas.  Nothing to do all day but cook a roast.   :-)

Good to see you are feeling well today.   :tongue:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Nothing like a roast from the carvery on ye ol' Boxing Day, guv'ner.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2010, 10:13:19 AM »
Ok fine.  The day after Christmas.  Nothing to do all day but cook a roast.   :-)

Good to see you are feeling well today.   :tongue:

Better, but not 100%.......

Offline debk

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »
Thanks for the recipe!

Might be something good for SuperBowl!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »

Awesome! I'm putting the Stromboli together tomorrow night then I'll put it in the oven on Christmas morning, so I'll take before and after pics. Let us know if you like it, I haven't met anyone yet that didn't like it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »
Awesome! I'm putting the Stromboli together tomorrow night then I'll put it in the oven on Christmas morning, so I'll take before and after pics. Let us know if you like it, I haven't met anyone yet that didn't like it.

That would be cool, I want to get a look at what done looks like.  :)

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »
That would be cool, I want to get a look at what done looks like.  :)

You don't watch the Food Network, especially Diners, Drive-ins & Dives??

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
You don't watch the Food Network, especially Diners, Drive-ins & Dives??

Oh Thor..... :thatsright:

Since it is BG's recipe, I figure she would be a subject matter expert.  Not that I am dissing Guy Fieri or anything....his brussel sprouts are the best ever.  You should try em sometime.  For real!   :-)

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »

Since it is BG's recipe, I figure she would be a subject matter expert.  Not that I am dissing Guy Fieri or anything....his brussel sprouts are the best ever.  You should try em sometime.  For real!   :-)

Cold day in Hell, cold day in hell.......

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
Cold day in Hell, cold day in hell.......

:blowkiss:

Heh.  Brussel Sprouts is your kryptonite. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »

Let me second Thor's "Cold Day in Hell" comment.

Brussels sprouts are not allowed IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Period.

Guy shows up in that 67 Camaro totin' those things, he gets tossed out on his ass, spiked platinum hair and wrist sweatbands and the rest of his bling.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
What's the shredded beef with pepperocini in the crock pot thingie? sounds good.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
What's the shredded beef with pepperocini in the crock pot thingie? sounds good.

Easy.  One Chuck Roast.  One can of beer.  One large jar of sliced pepperocinis.  Toss everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or more.
Remove roast, and shred with forks, removing fat.  Then put back in Crock pot and stir.  Serve over toasted hoagies, with provolone on top.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2010, 11:10:49 PM »
Sounds great. Gonna try that in a couple of days.... :cheers2
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2010, 11:21:53 PM »
Easy.  One Chuck Roast.  One can of beer.  One large jar of sliced pepperocinis.  Toss everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or more.
Remove roast, and shred with forks, removing fat.  Then put back in Crock pot and stir.  Serve over toasted hoagies, with provolone on top.

yeah, okay, just don't call that a French dip. The frogs would be insulted.

:-)

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »
And we wouldn't want to insult them, would we  :whistling:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
And we wouldn't want to insult them, would we  :whistling:

Oh no, insulting the frogs is Thor's job.  :-)