Author Topic: Stromboli  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Stromboli
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »
I'm just putting my Christmas Dinner Menu together and thought I'd post this easy recipe for people to try, we usually do it as an Appetizer but you can definitely do it for lunch or dinner. It's really good and I'm going to make it as an Appetizer for Christmas. I'm going to prepare it the night before and just put it in the refrigerator and put it in the oven Christmas morning. I usually make 2 of them but you can alter the recipe to fit your needs, and it's really easy to make.

Stromboli

2 balls of pizza dough (they sell this in a package in the dairy dept. where I shop)
1 pound of slicing pepperoni (slicing pepperoni is about the size or a little smaller than a slice of salami)
1 pound of provolone
A little olive oil if you want

Roll out each ball of dough into a rectangle shape, I do it a little smaller than the size of a cookie pan. If you're making 2 Stromboli's then use a 1/2 pound of pepperoni and provolone for each. Do a layer of pepperoni and a layer of provolone, then you want to roll it up like a jelly roll, just grasp it and fold it halfway lengthwise, then fold again until the pepperoni and provolone are covered by the dough. Do the same for the next 1. Brush just a little olive oil in the cookie pan if you want then just put the 2 Stromboli's on the cookie pan and if you want brush a little olive oil on top. I bake it at 350 until it's brown, it usually takes about an hour or a little more. You can slice it up as you want.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Stromboli
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
Stolen! 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »
I love stromboli.  The pizza place down the street sells them... they brush it with olive oil and sprinkle herbs and spices on the top before baking it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
I will be making this to go with the Crab Cioppino on Christmas Eve  :cheersmate:

This Christmas is going to be tough.  My cousins' grandparents have done Crab Cioppino every Christmas Eve as long as I can remember, but their grandfather passed away this year, and my cousin's wife decided that she didn't want to be married anymore about a month ago, so it will be very bittersweet.  :bawl:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »
It really is good, and people love it, no matter who makes it it's always 1 of the 1st things gone, that's why I usually make 2 of them.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats