Author Topic: Playstation 3... what game to get?  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Playstation 3... what game to get?
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
My husband & I are going to combine our Christmas money & gift cards and get a Playstation 3.  Our PS2 is starting to crap out on us.  It takes a few minutes to load the games now.  We figured it was time to finally get a PS3. 

We are both getting one game each for the console for Christmas.  I'm trying to figure out what game would be best to buy right away.

I'd like to get GTA4, but that's not a game I can play with our daughter in the room.  I'm not interested in having my daughter dropping "F" bombs and watching me shoot hookers.

My husband wants Grand Turismo 5.  What kind of crap is this $60 a game though?  That's ridiculous. 

I like dance, exercise, and simulation games.  What would you recommend?  Or should I just get GTA4 anyway and only play late at night only?   :lmao: 

You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Playstation 3... what game to get?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »
I've been reading about GT5 all week... apparently, it's a big deal. 

http://jalopnik.com/5700286/gran-turismos-pursuit-of-visual-perfection-one-game-at-a-time
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »

http://jalopnik.com/5700286/gran-turismos-pursuit-of-visual-perfection-one-game-at-a-time

Of course it's a big deal.  lol

My husband has all the GT games from the first PS to PS2.  It would only be nice of me to get him GT5.  :)

It won't be fair though... because he will never let me play my game.  :(  But hey, GTA4 is only $20 and it's on sale for $14 on Amazon right now.  So he better buy it for me or I will throw a tantrum.  Not really, but it's on sale.... so he better not F it up.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
My husband & I are going to combine our Christmas money & gift cards and get a Playstation 3.  Our PS2 is starting to crap out on us.  It takes a few minutes to load the games now.  We figured it was time to finally get a PS3. 

We are both getting one game each for the console for Christmas.  I'm trying to figure out what game would be best to buy right away.

I'd like to get GTA4, but that's not a game I can play with our daughter in the room.  I'm not interested in having my daughter dropping "F" bombs and watching me shoot hookers.

My husband wants Grand Turismo 5.  What kind of crap is this $60 a game though?  That's ridiculous. 

I like dance, exercise, and simulation games.  What would you recommend?  Or should I just get GTA4 anyway and only play late at night only?   :lmao: 

I never had the desire to play any of the GTA games, but I am quite fond of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Online play is awesome. I really, really suck, but it's still a great game. I'm personally a big Madden guy as well. I only recently got my PS3, so I only have 3 games right now. I'm not as knowledgable as I should be, I guess. Mafia II isn't bad either though. Rented that one. Though, it's more of a storyline game.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »
I never had the desire to play any of the GTA games, but I am quite fond of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Online play is awesome. I really, really suck, but it's still a great game. I'm personally a big Madden guy as well. I only recently got my PS3, so I only have 3 games right now. I'm not as knowledgable as I should be, I guess. Mafia II isn't bad either though. Rented that one. Though, it's more of a storyline game.

I am a GTA addict.  I have ALL of the GTA games ever made for the PS and PS2.

Is Call of Duty hard?  I like shooter games.  Do you shoot people?  What I should ask is, would Call of Duty make me curse at the game?

And since you mention online play, is the PS3 a fairly easy system to get online and play with other players?  Wii is easy to play Wi-Fi.

Red Dead Redemption (another Rockstar game) looks AWESOME too!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:27:25 PM »
If I can learn how to use all the controls of Black Ops, anyone can. It's the twostick system to move around. The booklet they put inside the game should provide the control set for you to familliarize yourself with. I rented it, and someone stole the booklet, so I had to go from scratch. I still am getting kills in live, online play (which you would have to go to "Multiplayer" to access. Campaign is just on your own) but my kill to death ratio is raunchy.

And with a lack of vision, COD has most certainly made me curse it. And the people that literally spend hours a day playing it...hence, they are very, very skilled. So starting out, you may want to cover your little one's ears. :-) And yes, if you do "Campaign," you're killing computer simulated enemies with a storyline added to it, but if you go online, you're eliminating human enemies logged on with you.

Hope that answers everything.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »
If I can learn how to use all the controls of Black Ops, anyone can. It's the twostick system to move around. The booklet they put inside the game should provide the control set for you to familliarize yourself with. I rented it, and someone stole the booklet, so I had to go from scratch. I still am getting kills in live, online play (which you would have to go to "Multiplayer" to access. Campaign is just on your own) but my kill to death ratio is raunchy.

And with a lack of vision, COD has most certainly made me curse it. And the people that literally spend hours a day playing it...hence, they are very, very skilled. So starting out, you may want to cover your little one's ears. :-) And yes, if you do "Campaign," you're killing computer simulated enemies with a storyline added to it, but if you go online, you're eliminating human enemies logged on with you.

Sounds fun.

Can you play teams in the online version?  I thought COD on the PC was team friendly.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Don't know about the PC version, but yes. Team Deathmatch is available. You can also go Free for All, but I'm not skilled enough to do that yet. :thatsright:

• Oh snap!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 11:40:27 AM »
Don't know about the PC version, but yes. Team Deathmatch is available. You can also go Free for All, but I'm not skilled enough to do that yet. :thatsright:

That's awesome.

I'm one of those people that run and find a hiding spot... and just shoot people as they run by.  That's how I do it in GTA anyway.  When we get a PS3, I'll rent COD and see if it's something that I would enjoy playing all the time.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

I was talking to my buddy today and he just bought that game and says it's sick. I'll be going over his house sometime this week to check it out.
I played Black Ops over his house as well a week ago. Pretty sweet. Single player against the computer now. I like that idea. :hyper:

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
I am a GTA addict.  I have ALL of the GTA games ever made for the PS and PS2.

Is Call of Duty hard?  I like shooter games.  Do you shoot people?  What I should ask is, would Call of Duty make me curse at the game?

And since you mention online play, is the PS3 a fairly easy system to get online and play with other players?  Wii is easy to play Wi-Fi.

Red Dead Redemption (another Rockstar game) looks AWESOME too!
I have Red Dead Redemption. It's "ok".
Call Of Duty games are kick ass. Killer graphics and awesome play. I takes a bit to get used to, but once you do, you get HOOKED!! I suggest doing the single player game all the way through, you can save your location when logging off. The single player game will get you used to the game and you'll get better. Some dudes on Call Of Duty "go off" over online. They're really good. I haven't played my PS3 in a couple of months now. I was thinking of playing again. Winter's coming and I usually hibernate. :-)  :wink:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
That's awesome.

I'm one of those people that run and find a hiding spot... and just shoot people as they run by.  That's how I do it in GTA anyway.  When we get a PS3, I'll rent COD and see if it's something that I would enjoy playing all the time.

Probably not going to work in Blackk Ops. I've tried it. People come up behind you, and knife ya. You've pretty much gotta keep moving. Although, when you level up enough, you can get RC cars packed with explosives, and run them to keep your enemy at bay. You can also place gun turrets that auto fire to wipe out your enemy. Another bonus is being able to call air strikes. Napalm, and such.

But all that comes later on. There are other perks, but you'll figure it out.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 03:10:15 AM »

And one more thing about CoD Black Ops.....NAZI ZOMBIE MODE!!!!!!
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 06:51:26 PM »
Hmmmm. I haven't even tried the Zombie modes yet. I'd have to crank that up later tonight. I've been too engrossed in online play.

Nazi Zombie Mode?!? :bawl: