Author Topic: Glenn Beck: Will you be a burden or a shelter?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Glenn Beck: Will you be a burden or a shelter?
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
In between his pieces on George Soros, Glenn Beck has been sounding the warning gongs for quite a while about this.  Personally, we intend to be a shelter.

Glenn Beck: Will you be a burden or a shelter?

November 15, 2010 - 14:14 ET

GLENN: This is one of those things I ask you to go with me on but I want to talk to you about a real change of course and a real direction. I believe that I have hit my maximum footprint. We have about 30 million people that listen and watch and read every single month. We have 30 million people within the Glenn Beck footprint. That's one tenth of the American population. I have been telling you that these things were coming. I have been ringing the bell as hard as I can. I have pledged my life, my fortune and my sacred honor over the last five years, and you have, too. And you have been here. And last hour I did an opening monologue and tonight we'll show you the video. It is, it's stunning. It's stunning what happened just over the weekend, the things that we have said were coming are now here. And I have been thinking lately about, you know, where do I go from here. And where I go from here is grassroots. Where I go from here is, quite honestly, away from New York City. Where I go from here is into real life. I am the answers don't lie in New York City, they don't lie in Chicago, they are not in Washington, D.C. They are at your home and your town hall and your community. They life within your own life.

The piece is a transcript from earlier this week.  http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/48120/

So, which are you going to be--a burden to someone, or a shelter to someone?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Glenn Beck: Will you be a burden or a shelter?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »
In between his pieces on George Soros, Glenn Beck has been sounding the warning gongs for quite a while about this.  Personally, we intend to be a shelter.

The piece is a transcript from earlier this week.  http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/48120/

So, which are you going to be--a burden to someone, or a shelter to someone?

Right now I am in between, but closer to being a shelter.  I used to be a burden.  My plan is to be a shelter.  But not for just anybody.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »
Right now I am in between, but closer to being a shelter.  I used to be a burden.  My plan is to be a shelter.  But not for just anybody.   :whatever:

You're too much in the city. I'd find a place a ways away to hide out and bunker down.......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
You're too much in the city. I'd find a place a ways away to hide out and bunker down.......

I have one of those, in an undisclosed location.   :naughty:  Right now, I am just trying to acquire supplies to be a contributing member of the shelter. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 09:09:45 AM »
I wish I had the $$ to "de-hillify" the hill we're on and also to build a better shelter than what the house is.  Tornadoes aren't a big concern down here in the Red River Valley, BUT..... it would be nice to have some decent, protective storage on premises. Digging down to build something is not a good option here because we're on top of an old rock quarry.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
If today would be a shelter but would need an all hands on deck approach from all involved.

Everyone needs to think about what this means under the assumption of no civil society,makes for interesting conversation but is an ugly picture.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »
A shelter.

For our family of three. 

I'll be going to the grocery store later to see how bad inflation has hit so far.  If I'm not online tonight, just assume I had a heart attack.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »
Btw all...I can make wine.  :cheersmate:

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
Btw all...I can make wine.  :cheersmate:

But can you make beer or whiskey??  :cheersmate:

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »
But can you make beer or whiskey??  :cheersmate:

Even though I've been sober over a year, I still have the stuff to make beer.  Figured that it would come in handy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »
But can you make beer or whiskey??  :cheersmate:

Yes I have and can make beer but it is from purchased kits.
That is the thing everyone has to remember,to do this stuff you have to have the ingredients.

I have the raw materials to make wine (fruits,flowers,berries) but it is a lot more then that,you need the proper yeast,sugar and other things.
That stuff doesn`t appear out of no where so everyone has to remember being an island to themselves does not equal a paradise.
It is basic just beyond starvation survival and that isn`t quite as a nice a situation as some would think.

Now add to that a complete breakdown of civil order and you have starving,fleeing urbanites that will kill you for the tomatoes in your garden unless you kill them first and one can see what kind of real ugly and undesirable scene is painted.

In essence very large groups would have to amass to form a country of sorts,anyone thinking they can live in a post USA anarchist world alone comfortably is deluding themselves.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »
Yes I have and can make beer but it is from purchased kits.
That is the thing everyone has to remember,to do this stuff you have to have the ingredients.

I have the raw materials to make wine (fruits,flowers,berries) but it is a lot more then that,you need the proper yeast,sugar and other things.
That stuff doesn`t appear out of no where so everyone has to remember being an island to themselves does not equal a paradise.
It is basic just beyond starvation survival and that isn`t quite as a nice a situation as some would think.

Now add to that a complete breakdown of civil order and you have starving,fleeing urbanites that will kill you for the tomatoes in your garden unless you kill them first and one can see what kind of real ugly and undesirable scene is painted.

In essence very large groups would have to amass to form a country of sorts,anyone thinking they can live in a post USA anarchist world alone comfortably is deluding themselves.

Not meaning to brag or anything.....BF is a GABF winning brewer.  He can make anything, including soda.   :cheersmate:  With that being said, our bugout involves a place with friends in the country, that already have a farm established, and are working on shelter, for more people, for that reason.  My goal is to stock up and educate myself in skills (aside from shooting) that would be something necessary and useful. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
A 'Defended location,' and if'n I don't know you, you'd better stay the **** out of rifle range.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 07:19:47 PM »
A 'Defended location,' and if'n I don't know you, you'd better stay the **** out of rifle range.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
Dusting this off, I find this on SurvivalBlog today . . .

Save Them!, by ShepherdFarmerGeek

Spokane was sparkling with light and still bustling when I looked out at it from a downtown building last night. So beautiful in the darkness. My thoughts went out to the hundreds of thousands of little children, women, grandmothers, grandfathers, boys, girls, and men those lights represented. Not just people – persons, each one unique, each with God’s calling on their lives for His purposes. Yet most of them are lost: hopelessly adrift in an empty, frantic, stupid, shallow culture of blindness and conformity and entertainment. Like the people of Jonah’s time they metaphorically don’t know their right hand from their left hand. They’re not so much like sheep anymore these days (I have sheep and know their nature), they’re more like stereotypical lemmings rushing to their mass suicide, in a million different ways.

My heart goes out to them – there, but for the grace of God, go I. There are so many of them. Thankfully, interspersed among them are those who are good, who are strong, who are aware and informed, who can be counted on to rise to the occasion in a crisis. Many of these are already prepared for the spectrum of nation-destroying crises which loom ahead in the mist of time: EMP, pandemic, a New Madrid earthquake, mini-ice age, drought, nuclear terror, persecution and tyranny. And still more – you know the list...

They – like my wife and I – have worked, studied, sacrificed, and planned so that their families will be shielded from the brunt of whatever comes that our sovereign God permits in these last days. Together we preppers are “brothers in arms” as it were, in this exceptional pre-crisis mobilization.

I’ve long pondered what my purpose in these days might be. And I’ve concluded that it’s not enough – for me, at least – to survive merely in order to survive another day. There must be a greater purpose. And so there is.

A few weeks ago our pastor shared this passage that held a vital insight for me: A person once asked Jesus, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘… you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” – Mark 12:29-31 (NLT)

I'm not saying that just everyone should be saved, or helped--I'm certain that there will be some thought put into helping someone.  OPSEC is mentioned . . .

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/12/save_them_by_shepherdfarmergee.html

Chase her.