Author Topic: Darwinian evolution disproved by homosexuality! Wait.. What?!?!?  (Read 4906 times)

Offline rubliw

• Banned
Darwinian evolution disproved by homosexuality! Wait.. What?!?!?
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
TxRadioGuy says this in another thread, about homosexuality:

Yeah that's what I thought.  You're trying to infuse Darwinian evolutionary thinking into a subject that blatantly disproves evolution.  I suspected that's what you were doing with some of the terms and justifications for homosexuality.

Thank you for confirming it.

I have to address this, and I don't want to get it the other thread off track.

So I just have to ask... are you actually suggesting that homosexuality disproves evolution?  Care to elaborate?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Darwinian evolution disproved by homosexuality! Wait.. What?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
This is not fight club worthy as a topic in itself. Wilbur, I suggest you take your posts to General Discussion or another more approriate board.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
This is not fight club worthy as a topic in itself. Wilbur, I suggest you take your posts to General Discussion or another more approriate board.

What if he were to have called him a knuckle-dragging troglodtye? Would that have been more Fight Clulb worthy?  :rotf:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
What if he were to have called him a knuckle-dragging troglodtye? Would that have been more Fight Clulb worthy?  :rotf:

It's been moved, but I bet it's going to be moved again.

Sit back, wait, and watch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
It's been moved, but I bet it's going to be moved again.

Sit back, wait, and watch.

That won't surprise were it to get moved again, BUT, at THIS point, it's not Fight Club worthy.

BTW, Wilbur.... Darwinism has been disproven. That said, humans have and will adapt to an ever changing environment. As far as the homo things, there are theories out there that suggest that the additional chemicals in our food and environment has aided in the proliferation of homosexuality, along with an ever increasing immorality.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »
TxRadioGuy says this in another thread, about homosexuality:

I have to address this, and I don't want to get it the other thread off track.

So I just have to ask... are you actually suggesting that homosexuality disproves evolution?  Care to elaborate?

Are you trying to say that in a darwinian model homosexuality can possibly be an inherited genetic trait ?

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
That won't surprise were it to get moved again, BUT, at THIS point, it's not Fight Club worthy.

BTW, Wilbur.... Darwinism has been disproven.

Its tempting to argue this point (because its totally wrong!), but I think I will leave it be for the time being.  Maybe in a new thread.

I'd like to reserve this conversation for specifically talking about why homosexuality in particular disproves evolution - assuming that was what TxRadioGuy meant.

That said, humans have and will adapt to an ever changing environment. As far as the homo things, there are theories out there that suggest that the additional chemicals in our food and environment has aided in the proliferation of homosexuality, along with an ever increasing immorality.

Yea, could be, but none of that really amounts to a disproof of evolution by way of homosexuality.

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
Are you trying to say that in a darwinian model homosexuality can possibly be an inherited genetic trait ?

Are you talking to me?

Yep, its possible that it could be genetic.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »
You got you theory ass-backwards, buttboy.

Oh, damn I'm on a roll.     :-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »
I don't think homosexuality disprove evolution so much as it disproves evolutionists.

My point is to question why people who trumpet Natural Selection seem to excuse homosexuality.

I believe evolution is a moral vacuum (but that means homosexuals--or anyone else--may be extinguished with moral impunity) but evolutionists seem to justify morals as being a reflex for propogating the species...but then they abrogate the moral precept of propogating the species in the name of enshrining homosexuality.

I am of the ever-increasing opinion that much of what passes for "gay rights" politicking isn't so much an acceptance of homosexuality as it is a rabid hatred of Christianity; especially considering how Islam, which is far more deliberately cruel towards homosexuals, seems to be immune to such criticisms.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 05:28:24 PM »
I don't think homosexuality disprove evolution so much as it disproves evolutionists.

My point is to question why people who trumpet Natural Selection seem to excuse homosexuality.

I believe evolution is a moral vacuum (but that means homosexuals--or anyone else--may be extinguished with moral impunity) but evolutionists seem to justify morals as being a reflex for propogating the species...but then they abrogate the moral precept of propogating the species in the name of enshrining homosexuality.

I am of the ever-increasing opinion that much of what passes for "gay rights" politicking isn't so much an acceptance of homosexuality as it is a rabid hatred of Christianity; especially considering how Islam, which is far more deliberately cruel towards homosexuals, seems to be immune to such criticisms.

Not only do they give Islam a pass with regards to their treatment of homosexuals, they also give Islam a pass for the way they treat women.

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
Not only do they give Islam a pass with regards to their treatment of homosexuals, they also give Islam a pass for the way they treat women.

Who gives Islam a pass?  Gay people?  Few that I know have good things to say about Islam.

Sure, some left-wing politicians are quick to appease Islam - but that doesn't mean homosexuals, or strong supporters of gay-rights do the same.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 03:32:55 AM »
Sure, some left-wing politicians are quick to appease Islam -
Some supposed RW pols as well.

but that doesn't mean homosexuals, or strong supporters of gay-rights do the same.
You forget we have an entire forum dedicated to watching the looniest of the loonies.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline rubliw

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »

I think we have to be careful here.  Evolution by natural selection makes a good explanation for the existence of many of our moral values and intuitions, but it doesn't justify them.  Your criticism would apply to those who think that evolution does justify our moral values, but not to those who don't.  

And I do think we have more choices than to say since evolution does not justify morals, then nothing justifies them.  Indeed - much of the moral debate in philosophy is about just what the term "moral" actually means, or should mean.  I lean somewhere towards the belief that what is "moral" is what helps people, and what is immoral is what unnecessarily harms people. And of course, we could debate that but I think that it captures what we generally mean by "moral" pretty well.  And we can see homosexual partnerships out there that are just as helpful and beneficial to the people in them as heterosexual relationships.  So homosexuality helps people. As far as I am convinced, it doesn't harm anyone - so I think its discrimination and disenfranchisement is morally wrong.   So, I think evolution is true and I think homosexuality is morally good.  

I don't think Islam is immune, but lets be honest - Christianity is basically the self-declared domestic enemy of homosexuality.  Yea, Christians aren't chopping peoples heads off, but they, as a population, certainly make every tenacious effort to fight the homosexuals rise from disenfranchisement.  So rebelling against those efforts is likely to have the greatest effect on the lives of US homosexuals, and therefore I cannot blame them for focusing their efforts there.

And for what its worth, I do know at least a couple homosexual men who are very spiritual but have basically been dis-invited to their Christian churches, as long as they maintain a homosexual relationship - something they can't for the life of them be made to feel is morally wrong.  So there's that too.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:36:26 AM by rubliw »