Author Topic: Leonard Marshall's new career path leads to high school  (Read 1206 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Leonard Marshall's new career path leads to high school
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »
We had a story about a Giant from the Super Bowl-winning team of 1990-1991 going to prison for 30 years for raping a woman.  Now, it's time for a story about another Giant on that team.

Leonard Marshall's new career path leads to high school

By Jim Weber

Jim Weber runs the college football and men's basketball site LostLettermen.com and is a frequent contributor to Yahoo! Sports Blogs.

Leonard Marshall probably doesn't need to worry much about discipline, even as a first-year high school head coach. If his players act up, all he has to do is show them a clip of "The Hit."

You know, the blind-sided shot the former Giants defensive end put on Joe Montana in the fourth quarter of the 1990 NFC championship game that ended Joe Cool's career with the 49ers and propelled the G-Men to their second Super Bowl victory under Bill Parcells. One of the most legendary hits in NFL history, it left Montana with cracked ribs, a broken hand and feeling like he was on death's doorstep.

Even though Marshall's current players weren't even born then, they're certainly familiar with the play.

"It comes up a lot," Marshall said. "YouTube and all that stuff from all my days on the ‘Howard Stern Show,' they pull up stuff from my games against the Redskins and all that kind of stuff. These kids are no joke, man."

Now nearly two decades later, Marshall is a rookie head coach at Hudson Catholic High School, a private school of just over 400 students in Jersey City, N.J., just 10 miles away from where he starred with the Giants. Marshall got the job this spring despite having no formal coaching experience.

It goes into his future dream job.  It's a good read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Leonard-Marshall-s-new-career-path-leads-to-high?urn=nfl-284953

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Leonard Marshall's new career path leads to high school
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »
Marshall got the job this spring despite having no formal coaching experience.

I think he'll know how to run a practice and game-plan.  ::)
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi