Author Topic: Anyone ever hire a professional painter?  (Read 20194 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: Anyone ever hire a professional painter?
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »

I'm fine with us painting, he is so good at cutting in and getting a perfect line at the ceiling and baseboards.  His cousin developed a product called Tape-Seal that you use to keep paint from seeping under tape.  Here is a link to how it works: http://www.perfectpaintlines.com/howitworks.html   He got some of it from him and wants to try it out.  I'll tell him he can get his practice using the product while he is painting our house.   :-)

Thank you for sharing this!!! I'm sure we can use this in the future  :hyper:

Good luck with all of your projects and endeavors. I am sure everything will be just gorgeous!!!

I'm with LL...high 5 for showing us that product BEG! Great idea! :-*

I want to see pics when all your home projects are done...or maybe I'll just visit.  :-* :-)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
Another painting tip that I observed when the painting pro painted my house was that he rolled the paint in 2 direction (horizontally & vertically) Use more paint that way but coverage is much better.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »
Well this whole thread it probably moot now.  We are in the process of having someone put up a new fence, having an arbor built (not by the same people who are putting up the fence) and having the same people who are building the arbor take up our old deck and put down a new one.  My husband is also in the process of redoing our pond which he plans on changing the whole filtering system and redoing all the stone work around the pond and the waterfall.  Anyway, my husband called last night (he is in CA on a business trip) and said while it is a good price he doesn't really want to spend any more money on house stuff.  He thinks we can do it.  Which may I add, I said we should do it ourselves when we first discussed painting the rooms.   ::)  He said we will talk about it when he gets home.

I'm fine with us painting, he is so good at cutting in and getting a perfect line at the ceiling and baseboards.  His cousin developed a product called Tape-Seal that you use to keep paint from seeping under tape.  Here is a link to how it works: http://www.perfectpaintlines.com/howitworks.html   He got some of it from him and wants to try it out.  I'll tell him he can get his practice using the product while he is painting our house.   :-)

I saw the crew on "Design On a Dime" using a tape sealer.  They were checkerboarding a wall.  I wonder if it is the same product?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »

The Tape-Seal is a good idea.

I have always been able to get good crisp lines, but I always use the best masking tape (3M) Having years of experience painting automobiles, you should never try to use cheap tape....not much fun when you are shooting a car with paint, to only have the tape come loose or have paint bleed through.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
Well this whole thread it probably moot now.  We are in the process of having someone put up a new fence, having an arbor built (not by the same people who are putting up the fence) and having the same people who are building the arbor take up our old deck and put down a new one.  My husband is also in the process of redoing our pond which he plans on changing the whole filtering system and redoing all the stone work around the pond and the waterfall.  Anyway, my husband called last night (he is in CA on a business trip) and said while it is a good price he doesn't really want to spend any more money on house stuff.  He thinks we can do it.  Which may I add, I said we should do it ourselves when we first discussed painting the rooms.   ::)  He said we will talk about it when he gets home.

I'll check that stuff out.  I have a lot of painting left to do at the house.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."