Author Topic: Logitech & their Poor Support  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Logitech & their Poor Support
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »
A long while ago, I purchased a Logitech Cordless MX Duo Keyboard and mouse. Honestly, they've been really reliable over the last eight or nine years. I didn't encounter any problems until I built my newest Desktop and started running Windows 7 64 bit. Hell, they work fine with Windows 7 32 bit. My problem is that the soft keys don't work in the 64 bit Windows. I've checked the Logitech site for upgrades and they just simply no longer support this keyboard. Below is a copy of the email exchanges I've had with them. To make it short, they're willing to give me a $50 credit  towards the purchase of a new keyboard. That's quite nice, I THOUGHT!! I contacted them to see what I need to do to obtain that credit. What they want me to do is send in my current Logitech keyboard & mouse, wait for that to get processed and then send me a coupon code for the new one. I'm like...... WTF?!?!?!?!? They want me to NOT be able to use my systems for at least a week?!?!?!?!?!? (Or my other option is to go out and buy an interim replacement keyboard & mouse until this is all said & done.) What a bunch of Dumbasses!!! (For the record I absolutely LOATHE  & DISDAIN corded keyboards and mice.)

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
Cordless Mx Duo compatibility with Windows 7

Discussion Thread

Response (Allan Paulo)   11/08/2010 01:07 PM
Dear Thor,

Thank you for your response and for providing the information I have requested.

To continue with the out of warranty process, Logitech requests that you send back your DEVICE to our return center. If you don't have the original packaging, you may use any decent box or a bubble wrapper. You will receive a pre-paid shipping label in your email address from Logitech after 1-2 business days. If you haven't received anything kindly notify us. Also please check your spam folder. Use the shipping label to ship your packager back to our return center.

Logitech Return Center
4149 S. 37th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85040-1842

Once you have shipped it, you can track it via the UPS website using the tracking number. Once the status of the tracking number is 'In Transit' or 'Delivered', you may call Logitech Sales for the new purchase NEW DEVICE with the discount. Just provide your reference number when you call sales.

Tracking Number: This will be on the shipping label that you will print.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx

Reference #:
Logitech Sales: 1-800-231-7717
Monday-Friday: 6am - 6pm PST
Saturday-Sunday: 7am - 5pm PST

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com or reply to this e-mail. If you need assistance with logging into your Logitech.com account and/or updating your support incident, you will find the below FAQ’s of assistance.

Answer Title: My Stuff or My Account tutorials
Answer Link: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17111

Kind Regards,
Allan Paulo
Logitech Inc.
Customer Care - America

Please note while waiting for your response, we put all support requests to a waiting status. If we do not hear back from you within 2 weeks, we assume that your request is solved and change its status accordingly. A survey will then be automatically sent asking for your feedback. If you received a message saying your support request is solved, you can still write back to us by responding to the last email and update your support request.

Response (Allan Paulo)   11/08/2010 01:06 PM
Dear Thor,

Thank you for your response and for providing the information I have requested.

To continue with the out of warranty process, Logitech requests that you send back your DEVICE to our return center. If you don't have the original packaging, you may use any decent box or a bubble wrapper. You will receive a pre-paid shipping label in your email address from Logitech after 1-2 business days. If you haven't received anything kindly notify us. Also please check your spam folder. Use the shipping label to ship your packager back to our return center.

Logitech Return Center
4149 S. 37th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85040-1842

Once you have shipped it, you can track it via the UPS website using the tracking number. Once the status of the tracking number is 'In Transit' or 'Delivered', you may call Logitech Sales for the new purchase NEW DEVICE with the discount. Just provide your reference number when you call sales.

Tracking Number: This will be on the shipping label that you will print.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx

Reference #:
Logitech Sales: 1-800-231-7717
Monday-Friday: 6am - 6pm PST
Saturday-Sunday: 7am - 5pm PST

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com or reply to this e-mail. If you need assistance with logging into your Logitech.com account and/or updating your support incident, you will find the below FAQ’s of assistance.

Answer Title: My Stuff or My Account tutorials
Answer Link: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17111

Kind Regards,
Allan Paulo
Logitech Inc.
Customer Care - America

Please note while waiting for your response, we put all support requests to a waiting status. If we do not hear back from you within 2 weeks, we assume that your request is solved and change its status accordingly. A survey will then be automatically sent asking for your feedback. If you received a message saying your support request is solved, you can still write back to us by responding to the last email and update your support request.

Customer (Thor)   11/08/2010 07:27 AM
(address redacted)
Probably the wireless desktop MK550 as that is very similar to the Cordless MX Duo that I currently have. It’s a very good keyboard and I just HATE the fact that I have to change it just because it doesn’t completely work with Windows 7 64 bit. It works fine with Windows 7 32 bit and this is through a KVM switch (which my Logitech Cordless MX Duo has always functioned flawlessly). I’m referring to the soft keys and assorted
functions like volume, mute, fast forward, pause, email search, shopping, etc. The basic keyboard functions work just fine.

Response (Allan Paulo)   10/31/2010 02:50 PM
Dear Thor,

Thank you for your response.

My name is Allan and I will be assisting your issue on your reference number: 101101-000697 regarding your 50% discount.

Please provide the following information so that we can request for the shipping label that you will use to ship your device back to our return center.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard-mice-combos
1. Complete Address
2. Contact Number
3. Model of the mice that you're planning to buy.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com or reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,
Allan Paulo
Logitech Inc.
Customer Care - America

Customer (Thor)   10/31/2010 12:11 PM
Yes, please send me the label & coupon. It’s getting especially frustrating that things don’t work like they should. It appears that the MK710 is very similar to the cordless MX Duo I have. This was an awesome keyboard until I upgraded to Windows 7. EVERYTHING (soft keys & shortcut buttons) worked, even through the KVM switch until the upgrade.

From: Logitech Customer Support [mailto:logitech_us@mailca.custhelp.com]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 11:02 AM
To:
(Thor)
Subject: Cordless Mx Duo - Latest software doesn't work because it's not available on your site [Incident: 100715-002017]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 240 hours.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
To update your question from our support site, click here.

Brief
Summary

Cordless Mx Duo - Latest software doesn't work because it's not available on your site

Discussion Thread

Response (Michael)

08/02/2010 09:01 AM

Hi Thor,
Thanks for the response and we really do apologize for this inconvenience.
We really are very sorry for this matter. It is for the reason that the iTouch software only works up to XP operating system. It is not supported in the Windows 7 platform. I personally apologize for not being
able to assist you further regarding this issue. I did talk to my supervisor regarding this and if you're interested, we would like to offer you a 50% discount on your next purchase of a Logitech desktop. Provided that, you return the device you have right now to us using the free shipping label we're going to send you.
Please let us know if you're interested in the offer so that we could send you the label.
Thank you for choosing Logitech.
Sincerely,
Michael
Logitech Customer Support
www.Logitech.com/support
In United States 646-454-3200
In Canada 866-934-5644
Business Hours:
6:00AM - 6:00PM PST Monday-Friday

Customer (Thor)

08/01/2010 04:58 PM

That's ODD because, like I stated earlier, it worked JUST FINE on my XP Machine, even with the KVM switch. It's unfortunate that Logitech won't provide support for legacy equipment. I've had this keyboard for quite a while. It's been a great piece of equipment and I have often recommended Logitech
brands to my customers. Unfortunately, I don't see any future recommendations for Logitech when my customers ask for any recommendations. IF the iTouch were compatible with the 64 bit OS,OR had you made the new software able to support legacy components, like NVidia does, that would have been the answer.

Response (Michael)

08/01/2010 04:42 PM

Hi Thor,
Thanks for the response.
Unfortunately, the iTouch software is not compatible with the Windows 7 platform. Actually this is a lie.... it DOES work with Win 7 32 bit) Also, we don't provide support when it comes to our devices being used with KVM switches or other pass-through devices. For more information, kindly click on the link below.
(Link removed)
If you have anymore questions, feel free to write back or visit Logitech.com
Thank you for choosing Logitech.
Sincerely,
Michael
Logitech Customer Support
www.Logitech.com/support
In United States 646-454-3200
In Canada 866-934-5644
Business Hours:
6:00AM - 6:00PM PST Monday-Friday

Customer (Thor)

08/01/2010 02:25 PM

Ohh, the old software was the iTouch software, just FYI.

Customer (Thor)

08/01/2010 02:24 PM

I can't do what you've suggested because I use a KVM switch. It worked fine with the old software and Windows XP. It doesn't "work fine" with Windows 7. (new computer build, same KVM switch)

Question Reference #100715-002017

Product Level 1:

Keyboards

Product
Level 2:

Mice & Keyboard Combos

Product Level 3:

Cordless MX Duo

Date Created:

07/14/2010 04:14 PM

Last Updated:

08/02/2010 09:01 AM

Waiting

M/N (Model number):

Y-RJ20

PID or S/N:

MCT32Z0G275

P/N (Part number):

867282-0100

Operating System:

Windows 7 x64

Logitech Software:

iTouch

Software Version:

unknow

Downloaded latest SW:

Yes

Question Reference #101101-000697
Product Level 1:    Keyboards
Product Level 2:    Mice & Keyboard Combos
Product Level 3:    Cordless MX Duo
Date Created:    10/31/2010 12:11 PM
Last Updated:    11/08/2010 01:07 PM
M/N (Model number):    Y-RJ20
PID or S/N:    MCT32Z0G275
P/N (Part number):    867282-0100
Operating System:    Windows 7 x64
Logitech Software:    
Software Version:    xx.x.x
Downloaded latest SW:    

[---001:009481:258

I've been using the KVM switch for eight or nine years, too. My keyboard & mouse have always functioned per the original specs through the KVM switch. EVERY single key worked as advertised. Hell, they STILL work as advertised, even in Windows 7 32 bit.  So anyways, I'm asking y'all to NOT buy any Logitech brand equipment. There has to be other equipment out there that will keep updated with Windows as Windows progresses, such as NVidia does with their video cards. (I can go to the NVidia site and get drivers for their legacy cards that will work with any flavor of Windows.)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson