Author Topic: The Washington Examiner Election Day Liberal Media Spin Drinking Game!  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Election night commentary is mostly about pundits and anchors stating that the election results confirm some belief that said pundit or anchor already held (see the Dougherty Doctrine for an example). Given that most non-FOX television types are liberal, and that Republicans -- especially conservative Republicans -- will likely have a very good night, this will be a difficult feat tomorrow. As a result, we expect the liberal talking heads to resort to a few predictable -- but silly -- talking points.

RULES: Take a drink every time you hear an anchor, pundit, or other TV talking head...

Say "blind rage" Remember, rebuking Bush and throwing out Republicans was about finding our better angels. Rebuking Obama and throwing out Democrats is about blind range.
Suggested drink: Irish Whiskey

Blame Obama for not "getting his message out" Both sides do this: if my side is losing, it must be only because we didn't communicate our ideas and plans well enough -- it can't be because people didn't like what we were doing! With Obama, it's even more absurd. The man, famous for his eloquence, was constantly campaigning.
Suggested drink: spiked Slurpee

Say "secret money" Because it doesn't matter that Democrats outraised Republicans from the most politically active industries in America, including Wall Street. It doesn't matter that K Street favored Dems 2-to-1 with campaign contributions. The public-employee unions don't count as a special interest. It's just that secret Republican money that's insidious.
Suggested drink: Rum-and-Koch
Washington Examiner

It's always good to get the ground rules out early.  ;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: The Washington Examiner Election Day Liberal Media Spin Drinking Game!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
I think you can also use the phrase "temper-tantrum" as a substitute for "blind rage".  I'm just trying to help out all you drinkers out there. ;D
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
'Temper tantrum' is covered under it's own section.  I only brought over a couple. ;D
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
I'd be drunk by 8pm EST if I played that game.  ;D
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
'Temper tantrum' is covered under it's own section.  I only brought over a couple. ;D

Ah, I didn't bother clicking the link.  Silly me.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »

If I played it, I'd be shitfaced at about 7PM EST or so.  It wouldn't be pretty.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »
I'd wake up with a killer hangover and some serious cotton mouth. :o