Author Topic: Final Gallup enthusiasm gap: nineteen points  (Read 2886 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Final Gallup enthusiasm gap: nineteen points
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Gallup released its final polling on voter enthusiasm today, and the bottom line is that it’s record-breaking for midterm elections. In fact, for Democrats and their leaners, it’s the second-best enthusiasm level in a midterm election Gallup has seen at 44%, only topped by 2006′s 53% and their nine-point lead over the GOP in that wave election.

The bad news for Democrats?  Well ….

Americans’ enthusiasm about voting exceeds the recent midterm election high set four years ago, with 50% of Americans and 53% of registered voters saying they are more enthusiastic than usual about voting in 2010. …

The record level of overall enthusiasm is primarily the result of Republicans’ heightened excitement — 63% of Republicans (including Republican-leaning independents) say they are more enthusiastic than usual about voting. That not only greatly exceeds Democrats’ expressed enthusiasm this year, but also is substantially higher than what Gallup has measured for either party’s supporters on the eve of a midterm election.

The high level of Republican enthusiasm has led to the largest gap in enthusiasm by party of any recent midterm elections, 19 percentage points. The prior highs were nine points in favor of the Democrats in 2006, and nine points in favor of the Republicans in 1994. ...

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/02/final-gallup-enthusiasm-gap-nineteen-points/

Offline thundley4

Re: Final Gallup enthusiasm gap: nineteen points
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »
They were talking on FNC about the unprecedented divide earlier this morning. Hope it bodes well for conservatives.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
They were talking on FNC about the unprecedented divide earlier this morning. Hope it bodes well for conservatives.

After the World Series finished up last night, I tortured myself again by watching Olberdork.  Just curious to see his take on things.  He was touting a poll (don't recall where it was from) that Democrats in congress get a higher approval than Republicans. ???
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »
After the World Series finished up last night, I tortured myself again by watching Olberdork.  Just curious to see his take on things.  He was touting a poll (don't recall where it was from) that Democrats in congress get a higher approval than Republicans. ???

DailyKos poll? ;D

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »
DailyKos poll? ;D

Quite possibly.  Someone on that network used RawStory as a source last night and with a straight face. (I'd insert a ROFL smilie here) ;D
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender