Author Topic: Conservative Group Polls Hoffman +5 vs Owens; +14 vs Scozzafava  (Read 2864 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Conservative Group Polls Hoffman +5 vs Owens; +14 vs Scozzafava
« on: October 27, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »
NY-23 Poll: Hoffman +5
-->
For the second time in two days, a poll released by a conservative group finds Conservative Party nominee Doug Hoffman leading the Nov. 3 special election race for New York's 23rd District. Neighborhood Research polled the district for Minuteman PAC, the political arm of the Minuteman Movement, which has endorsed Hoffman and is airing ads on his behalf.

Hoffman leads Democrat Bill Owens by 5 points and GOP nominee Dede Scozzafava by 20 points.

Hoffman 34
Owens 29
Scozzafava 14
Und 23

The poll was taken Oct. 25-26 of 366 likely voters. The three candidates are vying to replace former congressman John McHugh (R-N.Y.), who was appointed by President Obama to be Secretary of the Army.

Club for Growth, a fiscally conservative group, released a poll yesterday showing Hoffman up 4 points. CfG has also endorsed Hoffman in the race.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/10/ny23_poll_hoffman_5.html

In other words: the only thing keeping a conservative from winning by a landslide is...the GOP chosen candidate who can't win, period.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Conservative Group Polls Hoffman +5 vs Owens; +14 vs Scozzafava
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »
I'll be thrilled if Hoffman wins.....what a way to send a message to the RNC that is loud and clear.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »
An intersting theory:

It’s tempting to think they’re doing it purely out of spite, to try to kneecap the guy who dared oppose their handpicked candidate, but if they go down with Team Dede’s ship and Hoffman wins anyway, they’ll look like even bigger schmucks than they already do. I assume the answer is that, a la Gingrich, they don’t want to send a message to would-be third-party challengers next year that the GOP might support them over its own nominees if they manage to muster some critical mass of grassroots enthusiasm. That’s a recipe for disaster in the midterms so they’re going to bite the bullet now rather than set a bad precedent. Although who knows? Maybe Scozzafava is so far left that the GOP fears her dropping out of the race would free up more votes for the Democrat at this point than for Hoffman. In which case, propping her up is actually helping the conservative win.

Don't know if I buy it. It might be the excuse the GOP tries to mollify us with after the trains are done wrecking.

Would you buy it?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
An intersting theory:

Don't know if I buy it. It might be the excuse the GOP tries to mollify us with after the trains are done wrecking.

Would you buy it?

It is certainly plausible, in a machiavellian sorta way, however based on the level of leadership that I'm seeing coming out of the RNC, I doubt that they are that smart, or sufficiently in touch with reality......or they would not have started this clusterf**k to begin with........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
It is certainly plausible, in a machiavellian sorta way, however based on the level of leadership that I'm seeing coming out of the RNC, I doubt that they are that smart, or sufficiently in touch with reality......or they would not have started this clusterf**k to begin with........

doc
I'll have to agree with doc...I don't think they're smart enough to think of that...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
An intersting theory:

Would you buy it?

No.  Too many people just punch the ticket for the PARTY rather than the candidate.  Take ACORNafevva out, and Hoffman wins in a walk.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford