Author Topic: T-shirts you always wanted.  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Airwolf

T-shirts you always wanted.
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »
I have always had a thing for a good t-shirt like some of you probably have but yet the local stores either never have what you want or will not make them for you. So here is one site that maybe a solution to your troubles.

http://www.lastexittonowhere.com/

You can buy shirts for any movie subject from "Robocop" to The Big Lebowski" and even with shipping cost its not much more then if you had to buy them here in the US. There are a few I want already.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

Re: T-shirts you always wanted.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »
hey air!

im gonna tell you a secret.. my husband works with people who know good fashion. i know, its bizarre, but geeks can have good taste as well :-)

anyway, i buy these soft t shirts at Target that are all t shirts we had as kids. they are cheap too.. and its funny cause he had a boss who actually spent quite a bit of money on vintage t shirts, and here comes my husband in his cheap stuff and nobody can tell :-)

he cracks up, cause he doesnt care about clothes.. he just likes them comfortable and that's all he wears. jeans and t shirts and flip flops..

but yes, a good t shirt is hard to find.. they need to be soft and not shrink.. and be faded and not brand new looking.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
as for the t shirt i'd like? i always wanted the "Keep on Trucking" shirt in orange with the guy with one long leg  ... remember that one?

my dad thought it was evil or something.. so i couldnt get it  :thatsright:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:26:04 PM »
hey air!

im gonna tell you a secret.. my husband works with people who know good fashion. i know, its bizarre, but geeks can have good taste as well :-)

anyway, i buy these soft t shirts at Target that are all t shirts we had as kids. they are cheap too.. and its funny cause he had a boss who actually spent quite a bit of money on vintage t shirts, and here comes my husband in his cheap stuff and nobody can tell :-)

he cracks up, cause he doesnt care about clothes.. he just likes them comfortable and that's all he wears. jeans and t shirts and flip flops..

but yes, a good t shirt is hard to find.. they need to be soft and not shrink.. and be faded and not brand new looking.

I have seen them at Target. They have alot of Rock and Roll shirts and others too. For my t-shirts that have anything on them I usually have something military or Sci Fi on them for when i'm not working. Otherwise it's just a plain t- shirt. I remember the Keep On Trucking shirts even though they really didn't seem that popular around here at the time. JC Pennys has something simular to what Target sells but they also have more modern stuff on the front and some retro games from the 60's 70's and some 80s on them too.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:30:29 PM »
I forgot to add tha tgetting an Airbrushed shirt is another one of those things that like anything to do with art you need to watch whoever is going it and look at the sample work. I have one shirt done up for me when I went to a Sci Fi Convention in KC one time of one of the Aliens from the  movie of the same name. The guy did awsome work and even with the drawbacks you mentioned Lauri it still has kept its color and size mostly because I have worn it maybe less then 10 times while one I had done years ago with the fighters from Battlestar Galatica shrunk and faded too after a few years .
MOLON LABE

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
I forgot to add tha tgetting an Airbrushed shirt is another one of those things that like anything to do with art you need to watch whoever is going it and look at the sample work. I have one shirt done up for me when I went to a Sci Fi Convention in KC one time of one of the Aliens from the  movie of the same name. The guy did awsome work and even with the drawbacks you mentioned Lauri it still has kept its color and size mostly because I have worn it maybe less then 10 times while one I had done years ago with the fighters from Battlestar Galatica shrunk and faded too after a few years .

i mostly buy the rock n roll shirts... then our older daughter doesnt try and snag them..

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »

i mostly buy the rock n roll shirts... then our older daughter doesnt try and snag them..

That's the trouble I have had with some of my Ex-Girlfriends. i have no idea why they thought they could just take a shirt that didn't belong to them,especially one that I had to pay alot of money to get. I mean if it was something that is easily replacable thats one thing but as it goes most t-shirts with graphics on them have a short shelf life at stores and once gone its not easy to get a new one. Most of the military ones I have could be replaced but the others not so much.
MOLON LABE