Author Topic: Todays news.  (Read 3454 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Todays news.
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:20:51 AM »
Today's local paper had a most interesting article about the older brother of the Chief of Police in Portsmouth, ---a local writer that has won awards up his ying yang and for some strange reason I have not read his mystery storeys that are all or almost all located in my home town and local area.  Brandon Dubois.

http://www.brendandubois.com/biography/index.html

This is the second writer that is local that I found out about by short blurbs in the paper.  Anyone read TESS GERRITSEN--her Rizzoli & Isles novels.??   She lives just across the river in Maine, local gal.

The New Hampshire and Maine coast seem to attract some very prolific writers from Steven King to the writers from the 1800 that are all so boring in this day and age.

I am not sure how to post more then one link at a time so I will head on back to the paper to post a link that caught my attention today.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Todays news.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
Today's local paper had a most interesting article about the older brother of the Chief of Police in Portsmouth, ---a local writer that has won awards up his ying yang and for some strange reason I have not read his mystery storeys that are all or almost all located in my home town and local area.  Brandon Dubois.

http://www.brendandubois.com/biography/index.html

This is the second writer that is local that I found out about by short blurbs in the paper.  Anyone read TESS GERRITSEN--her Rizzoli & Isles novels.??   She lives just across the river in Maine, local gal.

The New Hampshire and Maine coast seem to attract some very prolific writers from Steven King to the writers from the 1800 that are all so boring in this day and age.

I am not sure how to post more then one link at a time so I will head on back to the paper to post a link that caught my attention today.

OK Here is the news article  about the local boys, one the chief of police and the other his older brother and the art of writing.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20101022-NEWS-101029940

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
I've been reading Tess Gerritson for years. Love her books! Didn't realize she lived in Maine.

The tv show was fun, hope it comes back next summer.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
I've been reading Tess Gerritson for years. Love her books! Didn't realize she lived in Maine.

The tv show was fun, hope it comes back next summer.

We watched Rizzoli and Isles, too.  I had seen where one reviewer called it a "lesbian buddy cop show" that didn't know it was a lesbian buddy cop show.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
We watched Rizzoli and Isles, too.  I had seen where one reviewer called it a "lesbian buddy cop show" that didn't know it was a lesbian buddy cop show.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I had no idea there was a TV show on her charactors.

What the heck channel is or was it on.????

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I had no idea there was a TV show on her charactors.

What the heck channel is or was it on.????

It's on TNT.