Author Topic: Barney Frank rakes in $40G from bailed out banks  (Read 5604 times)

Offline thundley4

Barney Frank rakes in $40G from bailed out banks
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »
Barney Frank rakes in $40G from bailed out banks

... despite vow to shun bailed-out lenders

U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, in an intensifying clash with GOP upstart Sean Bielat, has pledged not to take campaign cash from lenders that got federal bailouts — yet has raked in more than $40,000 from bank execs and special interests connected to the staggering government loans, a Herald review found.

Frank vowed in February 2009 that he wouldn’t accept campaign donations from banks that received money under the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) or political action committees tied to such institutions.

But Frank has hauled in thousands from top execs at Bank of America, Citizens Bank, Wainwright Bank, JP Morgan Chase and other institutions that received billions in TARP money.

Just yesterday, Frank made new campaign finance disclosures showing he received $17,000 from top executives of Bank of America — including $2,000 from CEO Brian Moynihan. B of A received $45 billion in bailout money. In all, Frank has hauled in at least $27,000 since 2009 from bank execs — and $13,000 from PACs — connected to banks that received TARP funding, including:

• $5,000 earlier this month from the Bank of America Corp. Federal PAC;

• $10,000 in August and September from the Bipartisan PAC/Bank of New York Mellon Corp.; Mellon received $3 billion from TARP;

• $2,000 in June 2009 from the Financial Services Roundtable PAC, which counts TARP recipients B of A, JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo among its members; and

• $1,000 in March from U.S. Bancorp PAC; the Minnesota-based bank received more than $6 billion in TARP funds.

“Now that he’s in the political fight of his life, Barney Frank tossed aside his phony pledge and lined his pockets with cash from his closest allies — Wall Street executives,” said National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Tory Mazzola. “He made a promise to voters, but obviously he cares more about saving his career as a politician than with keeping his word.”
Boston Herald

Lord Zero also promised to take only public financing but he lied too.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: Barney Frank rakes in $40G from bailed out banks
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
Damn!  The Boston Herald printed that?

:o
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
Damn!  The Boston Herald printed that?

:o

Well, Its not surprising that The Herald ran that -- Now if it were The Boston Globe -- that would have been a surprise.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
Well, Its not surprising that The Herald ran that -- Now if it were The Boston Globe -- that would have been a surprise.

Oh, my mistake.

:thatsright:

Got my New England fish-wraps mixed up.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Oh, my mistake.

Meh, no Big - The Herald tends to be the Fox News of rags up here - its fairly evenly split between conservative sensibilities and moonbat outrageousness.

Needless to say, the liberals view it the same way they view Fox News - as a GOP propaganda tool - because any and all conservative speech is too much.  :mental:

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 05:44:10 PM »
Oh, my mistake.

LOL too funny
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
I am shocked. ::)

Offline BowTied

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Barney Frank's as corrupt as he is dangerous and ridiculous. Interesting to see if the voters of his district will have the sense to oust him at long last!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Barney Frank's as corrupt as he is dangerous and ridiculous. Interesting to see if the voters of his district will have the sense to oust him at long last!

As 'man on the street' in Barneyville - I can say at this point its down to turnout.

All of the advertisements from Democrats have gone entirely negative - Its no longer 'Vote for me because I have the experience over this neophyte in uncertain times' to ' You cant possibly vote for this person because he/she is certifiably insane' - this suggests to me they are all in hot water.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »
if that happens anyplace besides washington, it's extortion, and someone is going to prison.

Offline BowTied

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
As 'man on the street' in Barneyville - I can say at this point its down to turnout.

So Barney won again, that freak! If it was indeed a matter of turnout, he must've dragged every last person out of his district's leather bars and bath houses.