Author Topic: Fed Appears Ready to Launch More Monetary Easing Soon  (Read 1079 times)

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Fed Appears Ready to Launch More Monetary Easing Soon
« on: October 12, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39635395

Fed Appears Ready to Launch More Monetary Easing Soon

Published: Tuesday, 12 Oct 2010

Most Federal Reserve members appear ready to launch a new round of monetary easing soon because of worries that the US economy is not recovering fast enough, according to minutes of the cental bank's September meeting.

The minutes of the closed-door deliberations, released Tuesday, suggest Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues were closing in on a consensus to launch more asset purchases—mostly longer-term Treasurys—known as quantitative easing.

Members, however, didn't settle on how big the program should be or exactly how it should be structured.  Such details are what Fed officials are currently wrestling with as their prepare for the next meeting on Nov. 2-3.

Economists predict Fed officials will decide on that program at that meeting.

The Fed's purchase aims to drive down interest rates on mortgages, corporate debt and other loans. It hopes that this will spur Americans to boost spending, which would strengthen the economy and ultimately chip away at stubbornly high unemployment.

<excerpted>

Balance at link......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline true_blood

Re: Fed Appears Ready to Launch More Monetary Easing Soon
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
Most Federal Reserve members appear ready to launch a new round of monetary easing soon because of worries that the US economy is not recovering fast enough, according to minutes of the cental bank's September meeting.
And yet that dickhead Bernanke goes on TV saying that the economy is stable. The recovery will take time, he says. OH REALLLLYYY?! Which is it dickhead? :bird: :censored:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
Any chance this would be announced BEFORE the Nov elections instead?? hmmm.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
And this shows up:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1620844520101016
I read some of the comments .. this one stood out...
Does anyony know this is the 100th anniversary of the creation of the Federal Reserve? Where’s the celebration? The parties? The fanfare?

I’ll tell you. There isn’t any. They want the year to go by quietly. They don’t want the public to know what they have been doing these 100 years. Because if the public knew what they have been about, the public would call for their heads on a stick. Since it’s formation, to “stabilize the economy”, The Federal Reserve Board has presided over; * the crashes of 1921 and 1929; the Great Depression of ‘29 to ‘39; recessions in ‘53, ‘57, ‘69, ‘75, and ‘81; a stock market “Black Monday in ‘87; and a 1000% inflation which has destroyed 90% of the dollar’s purchasing power? * From “The Creature From Jekyll Island” by G. Edward Griffin (American Media Publishing)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:46:37 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
Hard times, they be a coming. :banghead:

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »
Any chance this would be announced BEFORE the Nov elections instead?? hmmm.....

Nope. This just another indication that the economy is still crappy. I am surprised the Repubs have not brought it though as nothing the Obummer Admin has tried has worked.