Author Topic: Our Wii broke. This is our second Will to break.  (Read 7291 times)

Offline soleil

Our Wii broke. This is our second Will to break.
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »
The first one died, and they sent us a brand spanking new one! Yay! But they only do that once. So, it will cost $85 to repair ours (Nintendo will repair). Wiis now go for about $200. So pay almost a $100 or buy a new one? OR wait until the new Wii comes out? I know my husband will have to have it anyway. I just don't know when the release date will be, the price, and how long I will have to wait to get it. Sooo, what to do folks?

We don't play as much as we used to. I used to whoop my husband's ass at some Mario tennis and Mariokart. He beat me at Guitar Hero and a few other games. But now my 2 year old will be interested in playing. They make some good learning toddler games.

Just noticed there is a game forum. I guess this should be moved there.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:50:44 PM by soleil »

Offline true_blood

Re: Our Wii broke. This is our second Will to break.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:31:36 PM »
Playstation is supposed to be coming out with a system like the Wii. Maybe you can look into that? Don't know about the price though?
Here's a link; http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstation-move/

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Isn't that Playstation Move out?  I thought I saw it for sale at Sam's Club on Saturday.

What is the "new" Wii that is suppose to come out?  Will it be "3D" like their new Nintendo 3DS?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »
Isn't that Playstation Move out?  I thought I saw it for sale at Sam's Club on Saturday.

What is the "new" Wii that is suppose to come out?  Will it be "3D" like their new Nintendo 3DS?

Yeah, it's out as is the Xbox motion capture camera.

I'm thinking of getting the camera and Fight Night Round 4 for a little shadow boxing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:56:23 AM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline soleil

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »
Playstation is supposed to be coming out with a system like the Wii. Maybe you can look into that? Don't know about the price though?
Here's a link; http://us.playstation.com/ps3/playstation-move/

My husband is all about Nintendo products. There is an Xbox 720 coming out, a new Playstation, and the new Wii. I am not sure when any of them are to come out. I had the original Playstation, but I also had every Nintendo game system they've made.

Plus I saw this new Michael Jackson dance game on GMA this morning! I have to have that. My husband will laugh at me, but I think it looks fun.

Offline soleil

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
Isn't that Playstation Move out?  I thought I saw it for sale at Sam's Club on Saturday.

What is the "new" Wii that is suppose to come out?  Will it be "3D" like their new Nintendo 3DS?

I am not sure. My husband has been looking into it. I am not sure when it will be released either.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
My husband is all about Nintendo products. There is an Xbox 720 coming out, a new Playstation, and the new Wii. I am not sure when any of them are to come out. I had the original Playstation, but I also had every Nintendo game system they've made.

Plus I saw this new Michael Jackson dance game on GMA this morning! I have to have that. My husband will laugh at me, but I think it looks fun.

I know that feeling.  I have Dance Dance Revolution.  My husband laughs at me when I play it.  Now that we have neighbors downstairs, I try not to torment them with my awesome DDR moves.  But Just Dance 2 is coming out for the Wii this week (or next?) and I plan on getting it.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
I know that feeling.  I have Dance Dance Revolution.  My husband laughs at me when I play it...
Be sure to get the expansion with the pole accessory.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

• Oh snap!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
Be sure to get the expansion with the pole accessory.

Now THAT would be a hilarious game to play.

Stripper Stripper Revolution?

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »

That would be AWESOME!!
I'll bring the beers! :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Offline soleil

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:46:01 AM »

It is likely in the works!!  :rotf:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »
the dog broke it.  he saw your post about his tiny dog junk, and flew off in a fit of rage.

:-)

Offline soleil

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »
the dog broke it.  he saw your post about his tiny dog junk, and flew off in a fit of rage.

:-)

Ha!! Good one!  :rotf:

• Oh snap!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 08:02:25 PM »
It is likely in the works!!  :rotf:

If it's not, we have to make it.  lol

Offline Reaganomica

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
The first one died, and they sent us a brand spanking new one! Yay! But they only do that once. So, it will cost $85 to repair ours (Nintendo will repair). Wiis now go for about $200. So pay almost a $100 or buy a new one? OR wait until the new Wii comes out? I know my husband will have to have it anyway. I just don't know when the release date will be, the price, and how long I will have to wait to get it. Sooo, what to do folks?

We don't play as much as we used to. I used to whoop my husband's ass at some Mario tennis and Mariokart. He beat me at Guitar Hero and a few other games. But now my 2 year old will be interested in playing. They make some good learning toddler games.

Just noticed there is a game forum. I guess this should be moved there.
Check for a local tech in Craiglist to fix it for less.  If you can decribe the problem and it's a common one you may be able to get it fixed quickly without having to ship it.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:33 AM »
I installed a Wii at my local VFW. It lasted about a month and then went tits up. It was taken back and exchanged. It seems like the Wii is not  assembled or constructed very well.  We'll see how long this one lasts. If it gives the same result, the Wii will be out of the picture. Is Microsoft building them?? :lmao:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline djones520

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »
Bought mine over 3 years ago, and still works just ine.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
Perhaps it's just the newer Wiis ??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline soleil

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »

My first one was one of the newer ones. I guess they'd been out about 6 months by that time. It won't stop me from buying the new Wii though when it does come out. I prefer Nintendo products to all others out there. I love my Mario games too much to give up on the Wii.

The new thing I am pissed about buying is the BluRay. Well I didn't buy it, but it was a gift to my husband. $500 at the time, and it has to be updated every 3 months because it is old. It won't play all BluRay DVDs and it is slow as hell. So, when it doesn't play a DVD, we have to update it. Ugh! And now they are el cheapo compared to what my aunt bought it for.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »
Soleil, if you do have your Wii repaired, there is a two year warranty from Nintendo on the repaired one. 

I sent mine in because it wasn't reading Gamecube discs, and was making a funny noise, like something was buzzing inside of it.  I took it apart, and found the part that needed to be tweaked, to stop the buzzing noise, but still was not able to get the Gamecube discs to read.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 08:32:40 PM »

:rimshot: