Author Topic: Interesting note regarding the lame duck session in the senate  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Interesting note regarding the lame duck session in the senate
« on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »
there are three special senate elections to fill open senate seats;  WV (Byrd), DE (Biden), and IL (Teh Messiah).  The winners in these three elections will be seated immediately and will vote during any lame duck session (which is yet another democrat perversion of otherwise legitimate congressional rules to suit their twisted agenda). 

Republicans lead in two of the three at the moment (IL and WV).  And this turns into a fantastic issue for O'Donnell in DE;  coons has pledged his support to the ReBamaLosi agenda, and O'Donnell has said she intends to blow it up into very small pieces.  44 seats would be a more formidable obstacle to the democrat's plans that the current 41. 

it seems to me that the voters in DE would take that into consideration if a little saturation advertising managed to nationalize the senate race in DE.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Interesting note regarding the lame duck session in the senate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:12:41 AM »
O'Donnell is getting in all sorts of money from out of the state, by people who understand exactly what your premise is.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.