Author Topic: New York Governor  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Karin

New York Governor
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »
Allow me to start this thread, for the handful of NYers we have here.  I'm somewhat involved in Paladino's campaign.  If interested, here is a Daily News article with some entertaining comments:

Link

Offline catsmtrods

Re: New York Governor
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
I love the guy and have his sign in my lawn. He is as far from politically correct as you can get. Not sure how it will pan out for him? Historically us upstaters can't out vote NYC!! Heck no one wanted Lazio! He couldn't beat hillary. I can't wait for the debate. It has to happen right?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »
Paladino is a hoot! he'll make mincemeat out of Cuomo in a debate.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
Bloomberg to Endorse Cuomo for NY Governor

Why is this :censored: in the Republican party if he's going around endorsing Democrats?  The GOP is too stupid to get out of it's own way most of the time, but you'd think this would be carved in stone somewhere.

:bird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »
As far as I'm concerned...?

Anyone but Bloomberg.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 03:59:11 AM »
Why is this :censored: in the Republican party if he's going around endorsing Democrats?  The GOP is too stupid to get out of it's own way most of the time, but you'd think this would be carved in stone somewhere.

:bird:

I think that Bloomberg is an independent, but he bought his way into the NYGOP when he ran as mayor.  You have to remember something--Bloomy is a lifelong Dem.  For him to endorse someone who is a Dem blueblood is nothing new.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:09:55 AM »
I think that Bloomberg is an independent, but he bought his way into the NYGOP when he ran as mayor.  You have to remember something--Bloomy is a lifelong Dem.  For him to endorse someone who is a Dem blueblood is nothing new.

Don`t forget is the heart and the Hudson is the artery that has kept NYC alive for decades.
Rudy endorsed Mario in his last run for Governor as well,the City knows which side their bread is buttered on.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
A brand new Quinniapac poll:

Republican nominee Carl Paladino has made huge gains on Democratic state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo in the New York gubernatorial race, according to a new Quinnipiac poll released this morning.

The latest survey found Paladino behind in the contest by only six points, 49%-43%. This is drastically different than the result produced by Quinnipiac's August 29 poll, which showed a 37-point margin in a hypothetical Cuomo-Paladino matchup, with the Democrat leading 60%-23%.

Talking Point Memo link to article

Interesting development.  Only 3 comments so far over there.  One guy said

Huh, and to think I was called obscene names in these very comments sections for suggesting that Cuomo would have a fight on his hands....
   :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
Quinnipiac has Cuomo up by 6, margin of error + or - 3, Michael Savage predicts Paladino wins by 2.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »
In the end, several of these races will be determined by turnout. As long as this anti-incumbent & TEA party wave continues - we will take more seats than expected.

And then the cries of stolen election will begin in earnest.   :lmao:

Offline cavegal

Cuomo Caught Lying About Voting For Bloomberg?
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/22/poll-paladino-closing-in-on-cuomo/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There has been a dramatic development in the race for New York governor.

A new poll has Republican Carl Paladino within striking distance of Democrat Andrew Cuomo as voters say they want to elect someone who will stop the circus in Albany.

Wednesday was supposed to be Cuomo’s day as he picked up the endorsement of New York City’s notoriously independent mayor, Michael Bloomberg, in the race for governor.

But a new poll changed that because it turned Cuomo’s once comfortable front-runner status on its head.

“I’m in politics. I’m in governmen
Funny if he loses. Cuomo has been wrong for years.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 06:45:16 AM »
And this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement:

Spitzer: Cuomo ‘Dirtiest, Nastiest’ Of Politicians

Former Gov Says Suburban, Independent Voters Key To Race
September 23, 2010 11:50 PM

NEW YORK (1010 WINS / WCBS 880 / CBS 2) — Former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer said he will back Democrat Andrew Cuomo come November, but it sure didn’t sound like much of an endorsement.

“Everybody knows that behind the scenes that he’s the dirtiest, nastiest political player out there,” Spitzer said of Cuomo Thursday.

Al Jones of 1010 WINS reports Spitzer, in his new role as CNN commentator, also said the Cuomo will likely face a stiff challenge from Republican Carl Paladino. The tea party candidate also appeared on the news network Thursday, and accused Cuomo of playing dirty.

“He’s sent out in the past week and a half every surrogate he could from the cesspool of Albany and from the cesspool of city government in Buffalo,” Paladino said.

Spitzer predicted the attorney general will carry the city and his opponent upstate.

This is something that has been known for quite a while.  The rest of this article is here:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/23/spitzer-cuomo-dirtiest-nastiest-of-politicians/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
And this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement:

This is something that has been known for quite a while.  The rest of this article is here:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/23/spitzer-cuomo-dirtiest-nastiest-of-politicians/

Talked with a local coordinator this morning and he said all the polls are awesome (guessing he may have seen some internals) and that the state dem party is indeed very worried.

We shall see.  :cheersmate:

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
And, a little off topic, DioGuardi may actually have a chance too! I can't believe this--I'm a NY conservative with some political hope. Pinch me.

----

And I'd say, if anything, Bloomberg's endorsement only hurt Cuomo. Bloomberg's name is dogshit anywhere outside NYC, and NYC always goes for the Dem for gov anyway.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
I saw the ridiculous Siena poll, btw. They're always off somewhere in fantasyland. Plus the Q-pac poll dovetails with the trend of a slightly earlier poll, I think a Survey USA poll.