Author Topic: Star Craft 2  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Gratiot

Star Craft 2
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
It deserves it's own thread.  Who's picked it up already, how is it?

Offline djones520

Re: Star Craft 2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:08:43 AM »
I'm gonna wait a couple months.  My video game budget is kinda slim and my next purchase is Red Dead Redemption.  I'm really excited about it though.  It's been a long time coming.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:58:22 AM »
Not a fan of RTS style games so I'll pass.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:25:01 AM »
Not a fan of RTS style games so I'll pass.

Thats a shame.  Blizzard did with Starcraft what could have made the original Warcraft's unbelievably awesome.  They included a great story line.  So it was good RTS play, with an awesome single player mode.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »
Thats a shame.  Blizzard did with Starcraft what could have made the original Warcraft's unbelievably awesome.  They included a great story line.  So it was good RTS play, with an awesome single player mode.

Also found out that if you get the collectors edition of SC2, you also get a non-combat pet for all of your WoW characters on one account.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »
Also found out that if you get the collectors edition of SC2, you also get a non-combat pet for all of your WoW characters on one account.

LOLZ   
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

Another reason for me not to get it.  Got a couple of friends whose chops I bust because they buy the new pets and mounts everytime Blizzard releases it.

I have 1 pet.  Well...  5 actually.  And they're all combat pets for my Hunter.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
I loved having a Rancor as a pet in SWG.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 03:44:45 AM »
I loved having a Rancor as a pet in SWG.

LOL!!! Wonder if they're going to do something like that for the new Star Wars MMO?

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »
Played a few multi-player games today.  Man, I gotta get my groove back.  Three epic ass stompings did I receive.

Single player game is pretty fun though.  I kinda like non-linear campaigns like this.