Author Topic: MP3 Player Question  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
MP3 Player Question
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
I have no idea where to put this question so not sure this is the right forum.

Can someone please explain to me what an MP3 player is? I've had a couple of Ipods in the past and had trouble downloading music to them so I just brought them back. I saw a commercial the other day talking about an MP3 player and how you can download music videos etc. I wanted to get 1 so I can download podcasts of radio talk shows, and I also wanted to download some youtubes to it, is this what you can do with an MP3 player? and if so do you have to subscribe to something to download this stuff?

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: MP3 Player Question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »
OK, now here's an example of something I'm interested in:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-1-8-Inch-Player-Memory-MP620-4GBLU/dp/B0036RA4M8/ref=sr_1_15?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1284695684&sr=1-15

Would it be easy to upload podcasts to this? can I even do that? can I upload youtubes to this?

I have absolutely no idea about any of this stuff.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:06:42 PM »
Most MP3 players should have an option to download podcasts from your computer.  That one does come with a USB cable to plug into your computer and should be compatible with iTunes or any other podcast software.  I've only used iTunes for podcast downloads and don't know how any others might work.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »
Most MP3 players should have an option to download podcasts from your computer.  That one does come with a USB cable to plug into your computer and should be compatible with iTunes or any other podcast software.  I've only used iTunes for podcast downloads and don't know how any others might work.

Thanks Chris. I was looking around last night and saw some where you could download videos, not sure if that included youtube though. Also a few, I guess the higher G 1's? they said you can download movies to it? My MIL is taking us on a day bus trip and I can't read when I'm in a moving vehicle because I get sick, so I thought I'd like to have something like this to take on the trip.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »
Thanks Chris. I was looking around last night and saw some where you could download videos, not sure if that included youtube though. Also a few, I guess the higher G 1's? they said you can download movies to it? My MIL is taking us on a day bus trip and I can't read when I'm in a moving vehicle because I get sick, so I thought I'd like to have something like this to take on the trip.

I have an 8gb Sanza Fuze and Sanza offers video conversion software for download that will convert most normal formats.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:55 PM »
I have an 8gb Sanza Fuze and Sanza offers video conversion software for download that will convert most normal formats.

This sounds sooooooo high tech to me.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:59:17 PM »
Creative has some pretty good mp3/mp4 players. I never like iPods because they always wanted to hijack my music into their special little program that was a piece of shit to begin with.

I would probably recommend this: http://us.store.creative.com/ZEN-XFi-with-Wireless-LAN-32GB/M/B001CB0RT0.htm
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
Creative has some pretty good mp3/mp4 players. I never like iPods because they always wanted to hijack my music into their special little program that was a piece of shit to begin with.

I would probably recommend this: http://us.store.creative.com/ZEN-XFi-with-Wireless-LAN-32GB/M/B001CB0RT0.htm
The Creative mp3 players seem really good. I had one for a while. The Creative Zen Micro, to be exact.
I had to upgrade to an iTouch 32 gig because the Creative was not compatible with the Vista operating system. (I had bought a new pc last summer.) Plus, I got sick of hearing the same music over and over. So, I bit the bullet and upgraded. :-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »
I would also suggest getting an mp3 player that also uses memory cards. Even though my Sanza Fuze is 8gb , I have four 4gb micro SD cards that I keep with it for different types of music.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:31 AM »
I like my Sony Walkman. Sounds great, has an external speaker but I use those handy plug-in speakers at work.  They come in nifty colors too. Mine's purple  :-)

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
I have no idea where to put this question so not sure this is the right forum.

Can someone please explain to me what an MP3 player is? I've had a couple of Ipods in the past and had trouble downloading music to them so I just brought them back. I saw a commercial the other day talking about an MP3 player and how you can download music videos etc. I wanted to get 1 so I can download podcasts of radio talk shows, and I also wanted to download some youtubes to it, is this what you can do with an MP3 player? and if so do you have to subscribe to something to download this stuff?

Thanks!
I love my sansa fuze 4gig with an 8 gig sd card. I won't get an ipod just because you can't add storage on them. :cheersmate:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 09:09:35 AM »
I love my sansa fuze 4gig with an 8 gig sd card. I won't get an ipod just because you can't add storage on them. :cheersmate:

I also like the "drag and drop" feature of the Fuze, for adding music.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
I also like the "drag and drop" feature of the Fuze, for adding music.
Yes! Absolutely.....You don't have to use ****ing itunes to load the damn thing up! I have an iphone and i do have some music on it but i hate using the damn software to do it! :banghead: :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
I bought the Coby and I :heart: it! I added a bunch of music from my CD's and even downloaded some talk shows. It looks like I can download audio ebooks, does anyone know of legitimate sites where I can download free ebooks? I went to a couple of sites and when I clicked on the book it went to another site and I wasn't sure if it was legitimate or not. I really don't want to download itunes, I did that once years ago when I bought a couple of Ipods and I returned the Ipods because nothing would transfer and itunes really screwed my computer up.