Author Topic: School evacuated after boy picks up pipe bomb  (Read 1780 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
School evacuated after boy picks up pipe bomb
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
An eight-year-old boy risked serious injury when he picked up a pipe bomb in a school playground in Antrim.

Brendan Shannon, 8, from St Comgall's Primary School lifted what police confirmed was a viable device and brought it into the classroom.

Police were called and 400 children were moved from the school on Ballymena Road to a nearby church hall. ..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11198931

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: School evacuated after boy picks up pipe bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »
Pray, tell--how the deuce did the thing get there in the first place? :o :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
Pray, tell--how the deuce did the thing get there in the first place? :o :thatsright:

According to the Muzzie apologists, I'm sure it was put there by some Jewish radical, trying to strike a blow for Zionism.  We all know how those JOOOOOOOOOS are always carrying explosive devices into places with kids or other innocent civillians around.  Damned JOOOOOOOOOOOS. [/NewSpeak]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:40:35 PM »
According to the Muzzie apologists, I'm sure it was put there by some Jewish radical, trying to strike a blow for Zionism.  We all know how those JOOOOOOOOOS are always carrying explosive devices into places with kids or other innocent civillians around.  Damned JOOOOOOOOOOOS. [/NewSpeak]
I should have provided a bit more context from the story, but Antrim is in Northern Ireland so far more likely to be homegrown Northern Irish terrorists.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
I should have provided a bit more context from the story, but Antrim is in Northern Ireland so far more likely to be homegrown Northern Irish terrorists.

:thatsright: That'll teach me to read only the posted exerpt.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
You never know. It could still be the JOOOOOOOOOS. You would never expect them up there, which makes them all the more suspicious.

[/loon]