Author Topic: We're not going to reach our goal this fund drive. Let's talk.  (Read 8007 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: We're not going to reach our goal this fund drive. Let's talk.
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »
Make sure you post your POV about the markets, I'm interested in reading it.

More than happy to.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 10:45:40 PM »
I'm waiting for Skinner to announce that DU has been sold to the highest bidder.

Now wouldn't it be amusing if a Republican group bought it? LOL
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
Now wouldn't it be amusing if a Republican group bought it? LOL

Why do I get the feeling that the DUmmies would be just as crazy if Bill Clinton bought it?  They're never happy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that the DUmmies would be just as crazy if Bill Clinton bought it?  They're never happy.

Most of the DU crowd isn't particularly thrilled with Bill.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
Yes the dipshit is here.  Have to go to some of your economic threads to see if you guys are seeing what I see in the markets.

Ya mean the fact that the DemonRats and your president have pulled the plug on an economy already headin' down the drain?

I doubt you see it that way, after all it's all Bush's fault, even though your pirates have had control since 2007, right?

Same shit, different day.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »
Ya mean the fact that the DemonRats and your president have pulled the plug on an economy already headin' down the drain?

I doubt you see it that way, after all it's all Bush's fault, even though your pirates have had control since 2007, right?

Same shit, different day.

30 years of economic destruction.  You forget, I was 15 as I watched Bethlehem Steel, a great treasure and pride of this nation, an institution that has material in every major building and war effort in our history.  An institution that fed my community, gave us pride, and helped to strengthen this nation.

You are all just seeing something now, I saw many years ago.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 11:15:17 PM »
30 years of economic destruction.  You forget, I was 15 as I watched Bethlehem Steel, a great treasure and pride of this nation, an institution that has material in every major building and war effort in our history.  An institution that fed my community, gave us pride, and helped to strengthen this nation.

You are all just seeing something now, I saw many years ago.

Good grief! You're a union twerp too, aren't ya?

Wonder why it got cheaper to import steel rather than cook our own? Musta been them mean republicans, right?

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
Good grief! You're a union twerp too, aren't ya?

Wonder why it got cheaper to import steel rather than cook our own? Musta been them mean republicans, right?

Generally slave labor from communist countries is cheaper than steel from democracies. 

BTW after getting the Berlin wall to fall by starving the communist enslavers out, you endorse free trade with China correct?

You were successful in defeating the Russian Bear with an economic strategy, but you are less stringent on the same strategy with a different set of unelected oligarchs.  Just so we are clear.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2010, 11:20:50 PM »
I also assume you hate the idea of the Mosque at Ground Zero, and have no problem that one of my best friends is a Christian Missionary in China that has to hide to worship and they have most favored nation trade status.
 :popcorn:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2010, 11:36:55 PM »
Generally slave labor from communist countries is cheaper than steel from democracies

BTW after getting the Berlin wall to fall by starving the communist enslavers out, you endorse free trade with China correct?

You were successful in defeating the Russian Bear with an economic strategy, but you are less stringent on the same strategy with a different set of unelected oligarchs.  Just so we are clear.

Cheaper yes, of poor quality, also yes. The American steel industry priced themselves right outa the market! They produced a better product but it was so expensive, it was cheaper to add 2x the foreign steel into engineering than it was to buy from the American manufacts. i know, I been buildin' from the ground up since the 70's!

Actually, since the unions and the gubmint policies of the DemonRat controlled congress, who BTW has had the majority of control for the last 60 years, ****ed us, I think we pretty much have China by the balls.

Who else is gonna buy all their shit? Other than that, **** no! We should have never let them breath the air of world trade until they assassinated their communist masters!

I think maybe ya oughta ask your bud BJ about most of that, although Tricky Dicky opened the door, Jimmah made it far worse, but at least he wasn't supplying the technology to help them pole vault into the success that has transpired in the last 20 years. But hey, ya just gotta have those campaign bucks, right?

Never mind lettin' buy themselves into this hemisphere and purchase our debt! That's a whole other crime committed by every pres and congress since Reagan lookin' to bail their budgets out!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »
Cheaper yes, of poor quality, also yes. The American steel industry priced themselves right outa the market! They produced a better product but it was so expensive, it was cheaper to add 2x the foreign steel into engineering than it was to buy from the American manufacts. i know, I been buildin' from the ground up since the 70's!

Actually, since the unions and the gubmint policies of the DemonRat controlled congress, who BTW has had the majority of control for the last 60 years, ****ed us, I think we pretty much have China by the balls.

Who else is gonna buy all their shit? Other than that, **** no! We should have never let them breath the air of world trade until they assassinated their communist masters!

I think maybe ya oughta ask your bud BJ about most of that, although Tricky Dicky opened the door, Jimmah made it far worse, but at least he wasn't supplying the technology to help them pole vault into the success that has transpired in the last 20 years. But hey, ya just gotta have those campaign bucks, right?

Never mind lettin' buy themselves into this hemisphere and purchase our debt! That's a whole other crime committed by every pres and congress since Reagan lookin' to bail their budgets out!

1930s lesson for you, what happens when an economy that has lots of production capacity on consumer goods transfers to Military production.

Here is a national security risk for you, how fast can you turnover a factory making cheap crap for dumb Americans to making weapons.

A lesson the Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany learned.  We shot ourselves in the ass, and I'm not being partisan about it.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »
I also assume you hate the idea of the Mosque at Ground Zero, and have no problem that one of my best friends is a Christian Missionary in China that has to hide to worship and they have most favored nation trade status.
 :popcorn:

And you actually think that's the same thing as building a trophy mosque on hallowed ground, right?

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
And you actually think that's the same thing as building a trophy mosque on hallowed ground, right?

My friend has to hide to worship, yes I think that is the same thing.

So, just a quick question we have the first amendment and we respect private property.  A group of Muslims purchased this property to build a center to worship.  Do you support private property or do you not.  I'm a Christian, I also believe in free will.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 11:46:41 PM »
making cheap crap for dumb Americans

Seeya DUmbass, you just crossed my line!

So, just a quick question we have the first amendment and we respect private property.  A group of Muslims purchased this property to build a center to worship.  Do you support private property or do you not.  I'm a Christian, I also believe in free will.

This is the reason you will never win this argument! It's not about religion! It's about where, when, and why they want to build it there. No amount of your bull shit will change that. If, as they say they want to bridge the gap between us, they would understand. Why is it we have to be more tolerant than they? Hell most Muslims I have communicated with agree with 80% of America in that fact!

Go crawl back under your rock!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:51:14 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 11:49:27 PM »
Seeya DUmbass, you just crossed my line!

Go crawl back under your rock!

What you won't buy goods made by your fellow citizens.  How patriotic.  I buy something my neighbor makes, we keep the money in the neighborhood.  Easier for me to sell him a ticket to the theatre I run the Box Office and accounting for.

A good portion of this country are "DUmmies" yet you take offense to that statement.

Weak.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:51:56 PM by Allentownjake »

Offline JLO

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »
It's a ruse to make what little of the guilt that the DUmmy's have. It will work for the true moonbat. Personally I think the moles are getting close to outnumbering the primitives.

Yup!  I've been thinking that for quite some time.  How funny is THAT!
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »
What you won't buy goods made by your fellow citizens.  How patriotic.  I buy something my neighbor makes, we keep the money in the neighborhood.  Easier for me to sell him a ticket to the theatre I run the Box Office and accounting for.

A good portion of this country are "DUmmies" yet you take offense to that statement.

Weak.

That's real rich comin' from a guy who enabled the POS that has made unemployment a way of life!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 11:53:41 PM »
What you won't buy goods made by your fellow citizens.  How patriotic.  I buy something my neighbor makes, we keep the money in the neighborhood.  Easier for me to sell him a ticket to the theatre I run the Box Office and accounting for.

Weak.

I only buy Nissan.  Does that make me "un-American"... even though most Nissan's are built in America?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »
My friend has to hide to worship, yes I think that is the same thing.

What do you consider a First Amendment issue? 

No state, local, or federal authority has refused their request.  It is private citizens and the community surrounding the proposed site that oppose it... is that not their right?  They have the right of free speech and to argue against things they don't agree with.  This is not just happening in New York and in the cases I'm familiar with (there is one here in my area), I'm not seeing the government restricting anyone's right to practice their religion.  Only people speaking out against having a questionable Islamic organization setting up shop in their neighborhoods.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2010, 12:16:12 AM »

No state, local, or federal authority has refused their request.  It is private citizens and the community surrounding the proposed site that oppose it... is that not their right?  They have the right of free speech and to argue against things they don't agree with.  This is not just happening in New York and in the cases I'm familiar with (there is one here in my area), I'm not seeing the government restricting anyone's right to practice their religion.  Only people speaking out against having a questionable Islamic organization setting up shop in their neighborhoods.

I think your friend on Fox News late night that has the appropriate response, opening a gay night club for Muslims next door is the more "free market" approach.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
I only buy Nissan.  Does that make me "un-American"... even though most Nissan's are built in America?

Assembled, but we can argue on definition.  The Auto Industry while a great commodity that serves needs is a small thing don't you think, overall.  Compared to something like Bethlehem Steel.

At the end of the day this will end up being a national security issue, I'm surprised you all don't see this.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »

No state, local, or federal authority has refused their request.  It is private citizens and the community surrounding the proposed site that oppose it... is that not their right?  They have the right of free speech and to argue against things they don't agree with.  This is not just happening in New York and in the cases I'm familiar with (there is one here in my area), I'm not seeing the government restricting anyone's right to practice their religion.  Only people speaking out against having a questionable Islamic organization setting up shop in their neighborhoods.

Don't waste your breath Chris_, AlumTownJerk is a lost cause. He thinks America is to blame for everything wrong in the world. Just ask 'im!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 12:28:19 AM »
At the end of the day this will end up being a national security issue, I'm surprised you all don't see this.

Naw you're right, we're the blind ones!

Couldn't be the same as the oil industry and nuclear power, naw, couldn't be! We been tryin' to tell jerks like you, the unions, and your politicians the same damn thing for 40 years!

Now you want to ask us the question? Gimme a frikkin' break!

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 12:46:52 AM »
Naw you're right, we're the blind ones!

Couldn't be the same as the oil industry and nuclear power, naw, couldn't be! We been tryin' to tell jerks like you, the unions, and your politicians the same damn thing for 40 years!

Now you want to ask us the question? Gimme a frikkin' break!

Touched a nerve didn't I.  An admire of Richard Nixon who you would call a pinko commie right now touched a nerve with you. lol.

In any regards your prince Reagan was a dunce, that is why HW a man I'd admired till he cashed out, called his idiocy rightly voodoo economics.

30 years ago, I was a Northeastern Republican.  Today, I'm a pinko commie.  Fascist never rest.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2010, 12:50:02 AM »
Oh in case you didn't know, My Grandfather on my Mother's side was a DNC county chair and My Grandfather on my father's side was an RNC party chair, my political views aren't much different from my RNC namesake who held office 30 years ago, this isn't conservatism some of you are advocating, it is what he fought against in the 1940s.