Author Topic: Butterfly chops and sweet corn on the cob--grilled!!  (Read 2307 times)

Offline soleil

Butterfly chops and sweet corn on the cob--grilled!!
« on: August 12, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »
Oh, and I am tossing some cut up red potatoes, mushrooms, and a little bit of onion in some olive oil, salt, pepper and baking it. Mmm!

What you having?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Butterfly chops and sweet corn on the cob--grilled!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
My daughter wanted meatloaf so decided to try something different than my usual meatloaf. I substituted stuffing mix like a lot of the reviewers did (I thought it sounded interesting), left out the bell pepper because I forgot to buy it and I used A1 pepper corn steak sauce. I also left the salt out because the stuffing mix is already salty.  I found it on allrecipes.com. I made it already but haven't put it in the oven yet.

I'm serving it with mashed potatoes, corn and rolls.

The Best Meatloaf

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 6
"Baked meatloaf with green pepper, onion and steak sauce. Goes great with rice pilaf, glazed carrots and a green salad."

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 egg
1 dash ground black pepper
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
2.   In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, egg, black pepper and bread crumbs. Pour in the milk, 3 tablespoons of the steak sauce, onion and green bell pepper.
3.   Place the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and shape into a loaf. Brush the top with the remaining steak sauce.
4.   Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
O......M.......G the meatloaf smells so good. It smells like no meatloaf I have ever made. Probably the peppercorn steak sauce.

Offline soleil

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »
O......M.......G the meatloaf smells so good. It smells like no meatloaf I have ever made. Probably the peppercorn steak sauce.

Sounds yummy! I am a fan of meatloaf. How'd it turn out?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:36:15 PM »
Sounds yummy! I am a fan of meatloaf. How'd it turn out?

It was really good. I put the peppercorn steak sauce on top. It was really good except too peppery on the top for my youngest. I just cut off the top of it for her.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
wow -- both the chops and the meatloaf sound great!!  We're utilizing the crockpot a good deal these days due to football practice.  J has practice from 3:30 til 7:30 everyday and next week starts 2-a-days so usually we don't eat dinner until 8 pm.

My husband threw chicken pieces (breasts and thighs), onions and green peppers into the crockpot and poured Lee & Perrins chicken marinade on top and some extra garlic . . . it turned out great!!  We had it with local corn on the cob -- very good dinner with minimal cleanup.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
Local New Jersey corn....mmmmmmm    :drool:  My local corn days are still ahead of me (September).  Think I'll make BBQ ribs this weekend, I love em, and get some non-local corn. 

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »
How many butterflies do you need to kill to get enough chops for a good serving?  :lmao:

Offline soleil

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »
How many butterflies do you need to kill to get enough chops for a good serving?  :lmao:

Well, we had two whole chops. And it was just 2 of us, but I don't like really thick meat, so it is a win-win for me.

Ok, so I have a dirty mind and had to come back and comment on the last of my statement.  :rotf:  :tongue: