Author Topic: Rove: Obama's 'Smarmy, Prissy' Slap Helped Clinton  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Rove: Obama's 'Smarmy, Prissy' Slap Helped Clinton
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
Rove: Obama's 'Smarmy, Prissy' Slap Helped Clinton

(CNSNews.com) - Karl Rove told Cybercast News Service in an interview Wednesday that Sen. Hillary Clinton's New Hampshire campaign was helped when she responded in a smiling, self-deprecating manner when asked during Saturday night's televised debate why some voters had an issue with her "likeability" and that her rival Sen. Barack Obama only enhanced the positive impact for Clinton when he responded like "a smarmy, prissy little guy taking a slap at her."

Rove said he also believes Clinton's now-famous emotional moment in a Portsmouth, N.H., coffee shop helped turn her campaign around.

"She benefited from two moments that helped humanize her and caused people to remember the positive things about her rather than have Democrats dwell on the concerns they had about her," the former top White House advisor told Cybercast News Service.

"One of them was in the debate, where she got the question about ... the fact people don't like you, and rather than being petulant and angry she responded with a smile on her face and a laugh, saying that hurt her feelings, then said I'll try and push on somehow. Then that moment was, I think, made even better for her by the fact that Barack Obama, who was having a mediocre night in my opinion, rather than keeping his mouth shut proceeded to say, 'They like you well enough.' So, he looked like a smarmy, prissy little guy taking a slap at her. I think that helped her."

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

Re: Rove: Obama's 'Smarmy, Prissy' Slap Helped Clinton
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
You can't blame Obama. I'd want to take a slap at her too if I had the opportunity.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
He was on a local talk-radio show, and said the same thing. He helped humanize the put-upon Hillary.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
He was on a local talk-radio show, and said the same thing. He helped humanize the put-upon Hillary.
But this ain't human:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline lizard

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: Teh Rove  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Teh Rove knows politics.....I believe in teh Rove.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:48:41 PM »
i think we can all agree that more than a few things dovetailed just in the right way to help Hilary in NH ... BUT, either Rush or Michael Medved said it best today.. "she can only cry once .. if she does it again, she will see all that support disappear as fast as it appeared"

if it happens again, people will start realizing she is manipulating (again) and it will backfire.