Author Topic: 1st A Trickle, Then A Flood; Obama's Skeleton's Come Pouring Out of Closet  (Read 2768 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Long before Barack Obama launched his campaign for the White House, when he was considering a run for the US Senate in 2003, he paid an intriguing visit to a former Chicago sewers inspector who had risen to become one of the most influential African-American politicians in Illinois.

“You have the power to elect a US senator,” Obama told Emil Jones, Democratic leader of the Illinois state senate. Jones looked at the ambitious young man smiling before him and asked, teasingly: “Do you know anybody I could make a US senator?”

According to Jones, Obama replied: “Me.” It was his first, audacious step in a spectacular rise from the murky political backwaters of Springfield, the Illinois capital.

The exchange also sealed an intimate personal and political relationship that is likely to attract intense scrutiny amid the furore over Obama’s links to some of Chicago’s most controversial political and religious power brokers.

Obama has often described Jones as a key political mentor whose patronage was crucial to his early success in a state long dominated by near-feudal party political machines. Jones, 71, describes himself as Obama’s “godfather” and once said: “He feels like a son to me.”

Like the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, the outspoken pastor of Obama’s Chicago church, and like Tony Rezko, the millionaire fundraiser and former friend of Obama who is on trial for corruption, Jones is in danger of becoming a hindrance to his protégé’s presidential ambitions.

For almost a year Jones has used his position as leader of the state senate to block anticorruption legislation passed unanimously by the state’s lower house. He has also become embroiled in ethical controversies concerning his wife’s job and his stepson’s business.

None of them is linked to Obama, but the Democratic contender can ill afford another scandal related to his former Chicago allies. Despite his electrifying speech on race last week, the opinion polls make worrying reading for the senator and his aides. Hillary Clinton appears to be regaining lost ground and John McCain, the Arizona senator who has sewn up the Republican nomination, has edged ahead of his warring rivals.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3602710.ece
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Pajamas media--doing the job the REAL media won't do.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Witness the Clinton political machine otherwise known as the politics of character assassination.

BTW, I smell a photoshop opportunity. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

Beware of the unknowns, for they are usually known only to those you don't really wanna know.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Beware of the unknowns, for they are usually known only to those you don't really wanna know.
I know.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Witness the Clinton political machine otherwise known as the politics of character assassination.

IMHO Obama has gone through this whole campaign hoping what he's done in the past didn't come to light.

Which is why he's focused on the empt rhetoric of "hope" and "change"...as a way to distract the people from any serious discussion where he's concerned.

In a way the Clinton Crime Family is doing us a favor if they are leaking this.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

HRC shot herself in the foot with the "not going down without a fight" tactic.  She's only making this harder for him when he gets the nomination.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:10:05 PM by Chris »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

IMHO Obama has gone through this whole campaign hoping what he's done in the past didn't come to light.

Which is why he's focused on the empt rhetoric of "hope" and "change"...as a way to distract the people from any serious discussion where he's concerned.

In a way the Clinton Crime Family is doing us a favor if they are leaking this.

You're right, in this case it is empty rhetoric, but even though empty, it stirs the hearts and minds of the young voter. Going off on a tangent, I don't get the same message of hope from McCain. Maybe it is because I have resigned myself to giving him my vote regardless.

I really want another Ronnie Reagan, we are well past due.

Offline Chris_

I know.

That's cuz you know everything.

I know, what a toady thing for me to say.  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

I know.

I knew you were going to say that.

Offline Chris_

I know.

That's cuz you know everything too. :)

Offline Lord Undies

I know.

That's cuz you know everything too. :)

I am the Lizard King, etc.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
I'm just glad I don't know 'nuttin. Then it's all a surprise to me. :-)