Author Topic: Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver  (Read 1350 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
Heartwarming.  He gets it, I would say.

Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver

NFPost.com
Jul 21, 10:30 pm EDT

Cleveland Browns nose guard Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers provided a big assist to police, helping them catch a drunk driver.

Rogers, who recently received probation to resolve a case where he was caught with a loaded gun at the Cleveland airport, called 911 on Thursday after noticing an "erratic driver," according to WJW-TV.

"The occupants appear to be either very sleepy or drunk," Rogers told the dispatcher. "He's run off the road several times swerving across, they're driving on a flat tire right now."

Rogers remained on the phone, followed the car and pulled behind the driver to warn other drivers.

"Mr. Rogers positioned himself behind that vehicle and turned his emergency flashers on to notify other drivers that there was an emergency on the road, and I don't know what would've happened had he not done that," Middleburg Heights police chief John Maddox said.

He did good.  Kudos to him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100722_shaun_rogers_helps_police_catch_drunk_driver

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:48:09 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Shaun Rogers helps police catch drunk driver
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
Well how bout them apples?  Good on him I say.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
you just don't hear of this kind of stuff out of pro football players that much.

It's usually the other way around.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »
I was sad to see the Lions trade him. I like him.

Way to go.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.