Author Topic: Yay! They extended Unemployment Benefits  (Read 541 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Yay! They extended Unemployment Benefits
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »
Like there was any doubt this would take place.

robdogbucky  Donating Member  (498 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jul-21-10 07:28 PM
Original message
Yay! They extended Unemployment Benefits

By COREY BOLES
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Senate voted Wednesday to approve an extension of U.S. jobless benefits through November, providing a four-month lifeline to long-term unemployed Americans unable to find work.

By a 59-39 margin, senators voted to finalize the legislation, which still needs to be taken up by House lawmakers before it is ready for President Obama's signature.

A senior House Democratic aide said the House will take up the measure on Thursday.

The Congressional Budget Office, the non-partisan legislative score-keeper, said the bill would cost $33 billion over the next decade. It will be funded by new debt issued by the federal government.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704684604...

Finally some good news!

rdb

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8790383

Yep that's wonderful news even more deficit spending.  :banghead:
I'm not against folks getting unemployment but the govt needs to quit raising the debt.

applegrove  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jul-21-10 11:12 PM
Response to Original message
7. And nobody on the right wing will be able to feel happy for said unemployed because

they've recently been taught that all the unemployed are lazy. Anything to keep the little people from relating to Obama or economic justice.

Not all unemployed people are lazy but, I would wager many people are turning down jobs in order to keep the benefits.

scheming daemons  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jul-21-10 11:16 PM
Response to Original message
8. Remember that the DEMOCRATS, almost single-handedly, did this....

...the next time you go to vote.

Oh yeah I will keep that in mind when I vote.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Yay! They extended Unemployment Benefits
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
Anybody really believe that libs care about people who are unemployed?  No, they're selfish, they don't care.  If they cared about the unemployed, they wouldn't be supporting all these policies that have done nothing but increase the real unemployment rate for the last 18 months.  They only care about this passing because they're hoping it might buy some votes.  Take the politics out of this and libs could care less if these people are even alive.  Given the opportunity, if they knew how to locate only those who will vote Dem this November and give them unemployment extentions to the exclusion of all others, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline JLO

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »
Anybody really believe that libs care about people who are unemployed?  No, they're selfish, they don't care.  If they cared about the unemployed, they wouldn't be supporting all these policies that have done nothing but increase the real unemployment rate for the last 18 months.  They only care about this passing because they're hoping it might buy some votes.  Take the politics out of this and libs could care less if these people are even alive.  Given the opportunity, if they knew how to locate only those who will vote Dem this November and give them unemployment extentions to the exclusion of all others, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

My experience is that EVERYONE is out for themselves -- and then their families.
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »

The entire liberal agenda is to have an entire class of people dependent on the govt for everything in their lives that way they will get their votes. I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Boy did he ever nail it.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.