Author Topic: *facepalm* Atheists Use Hair Dryers in Ritual in De-Baptize "Converts"  (Read 4735 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
American atheists lined up to be "de-baptized" in a ritual using a hair dryer, according to a report Friday on U.S. late-night news program "Nightline."

Leading atheist Edwin Kagin blasted his fellow non-believers with the hair dryer to symbolically dry up the holy water sprinkled on their heads in days past. The styling tool was emblazoned with a label reading "Reason and Truth."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/17/atheists-reportedly-using-hair-dryers-baptize/

Seriously, he's just becoming everything he professes to despise. Where is the "reason and truth" in this ritual? It's just an act of spite. If he doesn't want to be  Catholic all he has to do is stop going to mass and do whatever the **** he wants to do.

But instead he has an emotional point to prove and that just seems petty and angry.

No word yet if any Christian denominations have issued fat-whats of deaf against the converts.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline soleil

That is definitely one of the silliest things I've ever heard. I am pretty sure renouncing God takes care of all that holy water. Just sayin'.

And let me add, if you are an athiest then you obviously don't believe there to be anything "holy", so what's the point? It seems they'd believe it was just water.

• Global Moderator
That is definitely one of the silliest things I've ever heard. I am pretty sure renouncing God takes care of all that holy water. Just sayin'.

And let me add, if you are an athiest then you obviously don't believe there to be anything "holy", so what's the point? It seems they'd believe it was just water.
I'll give you 3 guesses why I don't hang mojos to keep the gremlins and evil spirits away from my house.

Offline soleil

I'll give you 3 guesses why I don't hang mojos to keep the gremlins and evil spirits away from my house.

Let me see...Maybe you don't believe in it!!??!! Spirits, gremlins, mojos, etc.

• Global Moderator
Let me see...Maybe you don't believe in it!!??!! Spirits, gremlins, mojos, etc.
1st guess even.

You're pretty smart for a liberal.

Maybe you're just confused...like that summer at sleep away camp.

Offline soleil

1st guess even.

You're pretty smart for a liberal.

Maybe you're just confused...like that summer at sleep away camp.

You know I will say for someone who isn't a God fearing guy, you have a lot of knowledge about it. I know many like to be knowledgeable on the Bible. It is an interesting read regardless of your beliefs. I'd like to ask you your thoughts on the Bible. I obviously believe it to be true (some literally, not all though). But really, you've said before you aren't a total believer or a believer at all. But you post a lot in this forum. I respect your posts too. I think you know of what you talk about. It does make me wonder though. You have all of this knowledge about the history of the Bible, you like to discuss it, yet you don't necessarily believe.

Were you raised in any religion? I can totally see being turned off by some religions. I won't say which religion, but I have definitely been turned off by some (or really one in particular). It made me become anti-religion, and in a sense it turned me away from all religions for just a bit. That doesn't bother me because religion is totally man made, and my relationship with God never suffered. However, I've known some who turned away from God altogether because of certain religious experiences. But I feel like you are too smart for that, so my question is why don't you believe, if you can even answer that? And if you don't want to, that is ok too!!!

Offline Boudicca

:stupidpeople:

Guess the kid was talking about folks like this. :thatsright:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I saw a clip of this guy on tv this morning...

He looked like a hairdresser dressed up for Halloween, waving a hair dryer around this other guy's head.  :mental:

The hair dryer had a diffuser on it.... :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.