Author Topic: legendary herb primitive makes a choice  (Read 2570 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
legendary herb primitive makes a choice
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:51 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2648708

Oy.

The legendary herb primitive wasn't off Skins's island for long.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-10-08 02:49 AM
Original message

Up until now, I didn't have a second choice

I was for Edwards all the way. Still am. But if the unthinkable should happen (no cheering from the "he's a phony" crowd, if you please--you people make me want to puke) I will support Hillary over Obama.

You might ask why and remind me of her IWR vote, her Iran vote, her pandering to the nitwits with her video game and flag-burning crap. And, yes, it's true I'm not thrilled about any of that. You might remind me that John called her the "Status Quo" candidate (some time after I did, if I want to be perfectly honest about it) and that Obama comes across more as an "agent of change."

But I've been thinking about it a lot lately and what it comes down to is that I won't support a candidate who doesn't recognize how truly nasty and evil the top dog Republicans actually are. Someone who thinks that he can "reach across the aisle" without losing at least a few fingers. Hillary KNOWS what we're up against there and they're still trying to take her down.

Anyone the Repugs hate THAT much can't be ALL bad. Anyone who takes the hits that she has and keeps on going has more than her share of guts. I can stand behind that.

And it just might be that she's had an epiphany recently--something that reminded her WHY she's in this in the first place. There was a note of sincerity in her voice the other night during her concession speech that hinted to me that she wasn't echoing Johnny's populist rhetoric as a political ploy.

I could be wrong. I know that. I could have been wrong from the beginning about Johnny himself, and I could be wrong now. But I consider myself a fair judge of character and I have hope that we might actually get a real Dem in the White House again.

I thought I'd fall Obama's direction for the longest time. But I can't wrap my mind around the reconciliatory tone. I just can't. I don't want to watch someone smile back at those bastards while they're kicking us in the teeth yet again.

So, here, take these nails. I'll go get the wood myself. Crucify me if you must, but this is the way it's going to be.

Edwards first. Hillary second.

I know this isn't going to make me popular with some folks but that's okay.

The legendary herb primitive started this during the middle of the night, so the campfire's still building.

Mind_your_head  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-10-08 02:58 AM
Response to Original message

8. Ewwwwww

No offense, but I thought you declared a hiatus from DU the other day?

Welcome back! It's like you never left!

William769  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-10-08 06:16 AM
Response to Original message

26. Not being popular on DU seems to be in the thing.

Thankfully your vote does not mean anything in a popularity contest. I wish you and your candidate all the best, but if anything happens and you do come over to Hillary, rest assured you will be welcomeed with open arms of the group IMO is the least popular on DU.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: legendary herb primitive makes a choice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:39:09 AM »
He just can't seem to stay away from the hive can he.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 07:41:14 AM »
He just can't seem to stay away from the hive can he.

None of them can.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
Mythsaje seems to enjoy betting on the wrong horse so to speak.

Talk about creating your own victimhood.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn