Author Topic: Tornado tourney has nothing on 'Tampa Turmoil'  (Read 1455 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Tornado tourney has nothing on 'Tampa Turmoil'
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:10:40 AM »
I was pumped to hear about Siena moving on, and I watched the end of the Western Kentucky game, but this is baffling . . .

Tornado tourney has nothing on 'Tampa Turmoil'

By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

Updated: March 22, 2008

TAMPA, Fla. -- A week ago, I watched a tornado blow a hole in the side of the Georgia Dome.

Over the next 48 hours, I watched the SEC's worst team (my alma mater, no less) win two games in one day and another the following day to win the SEC tournament.

Little did I know I was only getting warmed up.

Perhaps I should have known I was headed to even more dramatic developments in Tampa. Maybe I should have known when I sat down at a bar in Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, ordered a beer and then realized Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher was sitting in the chair next to me, eating nachos and drinking red wine.

Because before Friday's NCAA tournament games at St. Pete Times Forum, the most miraculous thing I'd ever watched was the Titans' "Music City Miracle" finish against the Buffalo Bills in an NFL playoff game on Jan. 8, 2000. But not even Frank Wycheck's lateral to Kevin Dyson for a 75-yard touchdown in the final seconds can match what I saw in Tampa on Friday.

The rest is at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney08/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3306344
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.