Author Topic: My dream game come true....  (Read 3936 times)

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
My dream game come true....
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »
I do not know about you but this is the game I have been waiting for. Star Wars The Old Republic! I have been following the development for a year now. It looks like they are gonna continue the Revan story inside the game some how. Anyways just thought I would share this with you all.[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGvAJ6-SsY[/youtube]
TheMonk

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: My dream game come true....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »
They're saying a Spring 2011 release. I'm signed up for the closed beta test...hope I get in.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
I'll have to see how this pans out once it goes live. I'm kinda "bleh" about Aion and WoW is getting old.
If this is better than the original (pre all the F*CK ups) SWG I may dump the other two for it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
I agree Galaxies really blew! I am also signed up for the beta test I am hoping I get it also. I got bored with WOW real quick just was not my type of game. I have seen some of the live game play for this one looks pretty dam amazing so far.
TheMonk

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »
I'll have to see how this pans out once it goes live. I'm kinda "bleh" about Aion and WoW is getting old.
If this is better than the original (pre all the F*CK ups) SWG I may dump the other two for it.

WoW is getting old and I'm tired of the "Sword and Sorcery" style games that seem to dominate the MMO market these days. I'm really hoping for a good SciFi MMO to come along, if anything just for the difference. I was hoping STO would have been the one but it's fail so far and Stargate Worlds crashed and burned before it got out of the gate.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:37:45 PM »
I just read now they are taking apps for the new Fallout MMO. I know their is supposedly a Mass Effect MMO on the way. And rumor is the Halo MMO is back in production. More and more studios are moving toward MMO style games. I am hearing rumors Microsoft is considering bringing MMO's to the xbox. But those are only rumors.
TheMonk

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 11:58:03 PM »
I just read now they are taking apps for the new Fallout MMO. I know their is supposedly a Mass Effect MMO on the way. And rumor is the Halo MMO is back in production. More and more studios are moving toward MMO style games. I am hearing rumors Microsoft is considering bringing MMO's to the xbox. But those are only rumors.

A fallout MMO might be motive enough to put aside my normal reticence to play mass-multiplayer games.

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
Looks pretty sweet watch a live demo of it on IGN earlier. Def worth checking out I am not a huge MMO player myself but learning to like them.
TheMonk

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
I agree Galaxies really blew! I am also signed up for the beta test I am hoping I get it also. I got bored with WOW real quick just was not my type of game. I have seen some of the live game play for this one looks pretty dam amazing so far.

Sony screwed the pooch badly with SWG. The game, as it was originally released, was excellent. When they listened, and still do, to the forum whiners, they trashed what could still be a game that would have given all the other MMO's out there a run for their money.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
I keep hearing that over and over about Galaxies! Unfortunately it was well into the sucking stage by the time I started playing it. Wish I would have sooner!! 
TheMonk

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
Star Wars sux
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BohemianMonk

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
No WOW sucks!!!!!
TheMonk

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Other than Diablo 2, I've never really played any of these mmorpgs.  I'd be really tempted to give this one and Fallout a try though!  I doubt I'd ever find the time for them though.  I really wish they'd make another single player KOTOR 3, using a similar engine as KOTOR 1, 2, or perhaps the new Fallout 3 engine.

In the meantime I'm just anxiously awaiting Fallout 3: Vegas and Fallout 4 which supposedly (I highly doubt) is coming out in next spring.