Author Topic: Just When Ya Think It Can’t Get Any More “Interesting”... Welcome, Neighbor!  (Read 3903 times)

Offline thundley4

Sarah Palin on Facebook
Just When Ya Think It Can’t Get Any More “Interesting”... Welcome, Neighbor!Share
 Today at 12:17am
Spring has sprung in Alaska, and with this beautiful season comes the news today that the Palins have a new neighbor! Welcome, Joe McGinniss!

Yes, that Joe McGinniss. Here he is – about 15 feet away on the neighbor’s rented deck overlooking my children’s play area and my kitchen window. Maybe we’ll welcome him with a homemade blueberry pie tomorrow so he’ll know how friendly Alaskans are.

We found out the good news today. Upon my family’s return this morning from endorsement rallies and speeches in the Lower 48 states, I finally got the chance to tackle my garden and lawn this evening! So, putting on the shorts and tank top to catch that too-brief northern summer sun and placing a giddy Trig in his toddler backpack for a lawn-mowing adventure, I looked up in surprise to see a “new neighbor” overlooking my property just a stone’s throw away. Needless to say, our outdoor adventure ended quickly after Todd went to introduce himself to the stranger who was peering in...

Joe announced to Todd that he’s moved in right next door to us. He’s rented the place for the next five months or so. He moved up all the way from Massachusetts to live right next to us – while he writes a book about me. Knowing of his many other scathing pieces of “journalism” (including the bizarre anti-Palin administration oil development pieces that resulted in my Department of Natural Resources announcing that his work is the most twisted energy-related yellow journalism they’d ever encountered), we’re sure to have a doozey to look forward to with this treasure he’s penning. Wonder what kind of material he’ll gather while overlooking Piper’s bedroom, my little garden, and the family’s swimming hole?

Welcome, Joe! It’ll be a great summer – come borrow a cup of sugar if ever you need some sweetener. And you know what they say about “fences make for good neighbors”? Well, we’ll get started on that tall fence tomorrow, and I’ll try to keep Trig’s squeals down to a quiet giggle so we don’t disturb your peaceful summer. Enjoy!

- Sarah Palin
http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah-palin/just-when-ya-think-it-cant-get-any-more-interesting-welcome-neighbor/392687973434

This is an author that is supposedly writing an anti-Palin book.  Sounds more like he is a stalker.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The Alaskans will be glad to take his money.  He's welcome to GTFO when he's finished.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
A crazy anti-Palin writer moved in next door to the Palin family. Sounds like they should be concerned to me. But to this Wash Post blogger, its Sarah who is being strange and mean.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/05/sarah_palins_strange_unprofess.html

excerpted

Sarah Palin took to her Facebook account today to inform her readers that Joe McGinniss, an award-winning reporter and author, had rented the house next door.

I saw Ben Smith flag this earlier today but did not really appreciate how strange and, frankly, immature Palin's post was until I read it.

Palin informs her readers that McGinniss is "overlooking my children’s play area" and "overlooking Piper’s bedroom." Alternately sounding angry and mocking, she refers to "the family’s swimming hole," which at first reference sounds like she's accusing McGinniss of checking out the Palins in their bathing suits, until you realize the family's "swimming hole" is Lake Lucille. And she posts a photo of the space McGinniss is renting, captioning it, "Can I call you Joe?"

Can somebody explain to me how this isn't a despicable thing for Palin to do? She describes McGinniss as the author of "the bizarre anti-Palin administration oil development pieces that resulted in my Department of Natural Resources announcing that his work is the most twisted energy-related yellow journalism they’d ever encountered."

Another way of putting it would be that McGinniss is an investigative journalist who wrote his first best-seller at age 26 and was shopping a book about Alaska and the oil industry when Palin was named John McCain's running mate. And another way of describing those "bizarre" pieces is that no one has ever challenged the facts in them.

excerpted

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
A Wash Post writer defends this creep who has an anti-crush on Palin.

Do you think this writer, Dan, would like it if someone wrote a negative book on him, started a Dan Spotting Blog, bid on a dinner with Dan maybe and then moved in next door with big binoculars??

Offline thundley4

I think Sarah needs to get a mannequin that she could pose near windows for the pervert to see.

Offline Alpha Mare

McGinniss hasn't written anything worth reading in 20 years. I picked up "The Big Horse" thinking it was about horse racing.  :thatsright:  A better title would have been "The Big Whine."  He'd fit right in at the Dump.  :loser:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Chris_

Never heard of the guy.  With a resume like that, I'm not really surprised.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Maybe he'll have an up close and personal encounter with a Grizzly Bear.   :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

Maybe he'll have an up close and personal encounter with a Grizzly Bear.   :evillaugh:

Do you mean Sarah catch him spying on the kids? :evillaugh:

Offline Chris_

The Palins spent money to put a fence up between the two houses.  They should send Random House (or whoever the publisher is) the bill.

Offline thundley4

The Palins spent money to put a fence up between the two houses.  They should send Random House (or whoever the publisher is) the bill.

Greta Van Sustern covered that last night.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ng8yIRsZso[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

Palin neighbor sought author as tenant

"No one is stalking anyone," Joe McGinniss, Jr., a novelist whose father is the non-fiction writer, wrote in response to an email from a Palin supporter who confused his email address and his father's. (He shared the email with me.) "A woman was renting her house and sought out the author because the Palins had crossed her (owed her money for renovations she had done at their request and never paid her for). So she knew McGinniss was writing the book and found him and offered him the house."

The neighbor "turned down more lucrative offers from the National Enquirer who wanted the house so they could 'stalk' and take pictures, etc... She said no," he wrote.

McGinniss, Jr. wrote that Palin is "inspiring a lot of hate in people, appealing to so many of people's worst instincts. Sad and scary."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0510/Palin_neighbor_sought_McGinniss_as_tenant.html?showall

What a clown.

Offline thundley4

"A woman was renting her house and sought out the author because the Palins had crossed her (owed her money for renovations she had done at their request and never paid her for).

It sounds like there was something that needed repaired on that woman's house and Palin complained. If it's in any way true, why didn't the woman sue in court for costs?

Offline Chris_

Sounds like she wanted a reason to stir the pot.  Or maybe she has no case and she knows it.

She could just be an unreasonable bitch of a neighbor.  Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. :-)

Offline Chris_

Palin's Douchebag Stalker Suddenly Concerned About His Privacy

video

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
She is living in his head!