Author Topic: US to unveil Palestinian aid package: Obama  (Read 1690 times)

Offline thundley4

US to unveil Palestinian aid package: Obama
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »
US to unveil Palestinian aid package: Obama

President Barack Obama said Wednesday the United States was to unveil a 400-million-dollar civilian aid package for the Palestinians, as he called the situation in the Gaza Strip "unsustainable."
Breitbart

Nice, let's give the terrorists more cash and supplies.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: US to unveil Palestinian aid package: Obama
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Well, Hell, let's just send them a boatload of ANFO while we're at it, I'm sure they will need it for, um, 'Construction,' or something.

:thatsright:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
Well well! How nice!  :banghead: The only satisfaction I have on this is WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!! 

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
Let me guess: we'll send the aid in on ships...
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:32:50 PM »
NOTE The following text is a quote:

www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/fact-sheet-us-assistance-west-bank-and-gaza

Home • Briefing Room • Statements & Releases

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release June 09, 2010
Fact Sheet on U.S. Assistance to the West Bank and Gaza

Today, the President announced that the United States will move forward with approximately $400 million in initiatives and commitments for the West Bank and Gaza that will help increase access to clean drinking water, create jobs, build schools, expand the availability of affordable housing, and address critical health and infrastructure needs. These initiatives result directly from the advocacy and guidance of President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, whose leadership is making a difference for the Palestinian people, in Gaza as well as the West Bank.

The President has described the situation in Gaza as unsustainable, and it demands a significant change of strategy. While we work with our partners in the Palestinian Authority, Israel, Egypt, and the international community to put such a strategy in place, these projects represent a down payment on the United States’ commitment to Palestinians in Gaza, who deserve a better life and expanded opportunities, and the chance to take part in building a viable, independent state of Palestine, together with those who live in the West Bank. The projects announced today include:

• A $240 million investment by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in the AMAL mortgage finance program in the West Bank, which is designed to increase homeownership by offering long-term mortgages at fixed- and variable rates.

• $75 million in funding through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Palestinian Authority’s work to improve infrastructure throughout the West Bank and Gaza.

• $10 million in USAID-funded activities aimed at enhancing the Palestinian private sector’s competitiveness.

• $40 million to support UNRWA’s Emergency Appeal for Gaza and the West Bank, which will help improve educational and health services, increase job creation, and repair shelters in Gaza, while also addressing core humanitarian needs in the West Bank.

• $14.5 million in USAID projects for school rehabilitation, small-scale agriculture, the repair of a hospital facility and other community infrastructure in Gaza.

• $10 million for the construction of five new UNRWA schools in Gaza.

• $5 million to start nine USAID-funded projects to repair water distribution and wastewater collection systems in Gaza.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:40:59 PM »
Obama is sending 400 million over to Palestine? Wouldn't that be funding terrorism? Because, you know none of the civilians are ever going to see a dime of that. Al Qaeda might? If that's what happens, would that not be treason? Would that then be impeachable?

I only ask because I don't believe any of the above is what the money is going to be used for. Do you, cavegal?

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline cavegal

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
Obama is sending 400 million over to Palestine? Wouldn't that be funding terrorism? Because, you know none of the civilians are ever going to see a dime of that. Al Qaeda might? If that's what happens, would that not be treason? Would that then be impeachable?

I only ask because I don't believe any of the above is what the money is going to be used for. Do you, cavegal?
Of course not. That is why i posted it.. NO way No how.. money for home mortgages! What friends of Angelo? Chris Dodds buddys?  USAID-funded activities aimed at enhancing the Palestinian private sector’s competitiveness.  "enhancing" what the heck does that mean.. ? Just pisses me off.