Author Topic: Don't Run Newt!  (Read 2204 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Don't Run Newt!
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »
http://tyrannysentinel.blogspot.com/2010/05/dont-run-newt.html

Newt Gingrich is talking about running for President at a time when the GOP base is looking for real conservatives who are seen as outsiders. Newt is neither of those things and he is not what this country or his party needs right now.

Newt is too busy making commercials with Nancy Pelosi and attacking man-made global warming to have noticed that anthropomorphic global warming has been largely debunked. He is too busy supporting RINO's to know the difference between a leftist with an R next to their name and a real conservative.

Dede Scozzafava is "exactly what we need right now", remember that? She dropped out and supported the very liberal Democrat over the conservative Doug Hoffman. Some loyal Republican she turned out to be, huh?

Newt is an idea man. Whether that idea is giving taxfunded laptops to all the poor kids or weaning America off of entitlements ends up being the luck of the draw at any particular moment. Newt's instincts are not reliable. His instincts are to support the candidate annointed by the party elite every time. People like Charlie Crist, Dede Scozzafava, Arlen Specter etc.

This is not what the country or the party grassroots want. They don't want a scatterbrained "idea man" running for the White House. They definitely do not want someone with the instincts of the country club snobby elites.

The party faithful have less and less faith in the party when the bigwigs give us candidates like John McCain and his ilk. For the 2012 White House race this country needs a solid conservative who has shown they can lead from the executive side of the equation. Newt is not that candidate.

Whether that candidate turns out to be Mike Pence, Mitch Daniels, Sarah Palin or even Governor Christie of NJ, he or she needs to run from the heartland, not from the polls or as a party puppet. This person must connect with the average grassroots Republican TEA Partier and must stand by their convictions and not apologize in the face of media pressure.

Newt should continue writing articles and books, doing commentary suits him better than an elected position. He was great at rallying the base in 1994 but ultimately he failed to lead after taking office.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Don't Run Newt!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01:17 AM »
Well I thought it was a pretty good post

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:32:55 AM »
I think most of us agree that Newt needs to stay in retirement, just the way he is.  He has been willing to endorse the establishment choices in most races against what the local conservatives have wanted.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 06:46:28 AM »
I think most of us agree that Newt needs to stay in retirement, just the way he is.  He has been willing to endorse the establishment choices in most races against what the local conservatives have wanted.

Bingo.   :cheersmate:

I got a call from one Newt's organizations a few days ago and expressed much the same sentiment saying I was only sending money to local candidates in general elections and definitely not Newt because of who he had supported in New York having shown his bad judgement.  The person on the other end said someting to the effect of "Don' t flame me" and hung up.  I was a bit surprised by the comment, I wasn't being rude, just honest. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >