Author Topic: Gather round folks, it's time for a poem  (Read 9825 times)

Offline soleil

Re: Gather round folks, it's time for a poem
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »
I'm sure someone from the DU must've been reading this thread and gave her a heads up.

There are plenty of DUers who feel the same way about her poetry. She posts it so some will comment on it. Tell her how awesome it is. But if you ever check the view count on her poetry threads, it is through the roof with others just laughing silently. You can't say anything negative because it will be deleted. You can't post mock poetry threads because they will be deleted. She is the worst kind of person. Many know it, many don't.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »
TLB's review was right on the money

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
There are plenty of DUers who feel the same way about her poetry. She posts it so some will comment on it. Tell her how awesome it is. But if you ever check the view count on her poetry threads, it is through the roof with others just laughing silently. You can't say anything negative because it will be deleted. You can't post mock poetry threads because they will be deleted. She is the worst kind of person. Many know it, many don't.

It's a shame that people don't start speaking out more, not only the poetry thing, but I have to wonder how many regulars think these people are kooks.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline soleil

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
It's a shame that people don't start speaking out more, not only the poetry thing, but I have to wonder how many regulars think these people are kooks.

Speaking out becomes pointless. Pig has a hold over the mods and admins. Anything said that isn't all rainbows gets deleted pronto. I've tried talking to Skinner about it. Pointless. And he is full aware of the ugly things she has done.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:13 PM »
Speaking out becomes pointless. Pig has a hold over the mods and admins. Anything said that isn't all rainbows gets deleted pronto. I've tried talking to Skinner about it. Pointless. And he is full aware of the ugly things she has done.

You don't have to go into details, but has she done a lot of bad things to a lot of people?

I'm not attacking you by saying this, but this is what I've always found interesting about progressives, I was debating someone a few years ago and they were saying the Government should do this the Government should do that for people, I asked her how many charities she gave too on a monthly basis and she said none, I then went down the list of charities my husband and I give too, my point is this, the person who considers herself a progressive thinks she's wonderful because she advocates the Government giving to people yet she doesn't stick her hands in her own pockets, but me, a Republican has the reputation of not caring yet so many Republicans I know give to charity regularly.

Progressive ideology makes a good soundbite but that's it, actions are what's really important. I don't understand how they don't see the hypocrisy in that at all. You have this soft spoken woman reciting her poetry and because she has progressive views she thinks she's wonderful, yet her actions dictate differently.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline soleil

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
You don't have to go into details, but has she done a lot of bad things to a lot of people?

I'm not attacking you by saying this, but this is what I've always found interesting about progressives, I was debating someone a few years ago and they were saying the Government should do this the Government should do that for people, I asked her how many charities she gave too on a monthly basis and she said none, I then went down the list of charities my husband and I give too, my point is this, the person who considers herself a progressive thinks she's wonderful because she advocates the Government giving to people yet she doesn't stick her hands in her own pockets, but me, a Republican has the reputation of not caring yet so many Republicans I know give to charity regularly.

Progressive ideology makes a good soundbite but that's it, actions are what's really important. I don't understand how they don't see the hypocrisy in that at all. You have this soft spoken woman reciting her poetry and because she has progressive views she thinks she's wonderful, yet her actions dictate differently.

Too many people don't put their money (or heart) where their mouth is. I totally agree with that. If it matters so much to you, support it in all ways you can. I try my best to do that with animals. I am an animal lover. I do eat meat, but I donate my time and money (when I can) to causes that support helping animals. I also support my church as best I can with my time and money. I find it helps more to volunteer your time, of course money is needed, but if more people would volunteer their time, less money would be needed.

CP has never done anything to me personally. What I know about her comes from 5-6 people who have had numerous encounters with her. It is their word against hers, but I believe them 100%, and knowing what I know now, some of her posts scream what kind of person she is. Selfish. Ridiculously selfish. It is me me me me me in her world.  Her internet persona is that of a sweet loving elderly lady. First of all, she ain't that damn old, she just looks it. She is in her early to mid 60's. Second of all, she doesn't actually care about anyone but CP. Bottomline.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
Too many people don't put their money (or heart) where their mouth is. I totally agree with that. If it matters so much to you, support it in all ways you can. I try my best to do that with animals. I am an animal lover. I do eat meat, but I donate my time and money (when I can) to causes that support helping animals. I also support my church as best I can with my time and money. I find it helps more to volunteer your time, of course money is needed, but if more people would volunteer their time, less money would be needed.

CP has never done anything to me personally. What I know about her comes from 5-6 people who have had numerous encounters with her. It is their word against hers, but I believe them 100%, and knowing what I know now, some of her posts scream what kind of person she is. Selfish. Ridiculously selfish. It is me me me me me in her world.  Her internet persona is that of a sweet loving elderly lady. First of all, she ain't that damn old, she just looks it. She is in her early to mid 60's. Second of all, she doesn't actually care about anyone but CP. Bottomline.

I don't want to paint everyone with a broad brush, I realize there are people that do care and give, it just ticks me off that Republicans have a reputation for not caring yet so many of them give regularly to charities. I feel like you do about animals and I contribute to no-kill shleters, I can't volunteer though because if I did I'd have 50 animals in the house LOL.

As far as poetry lady, at least her hypocrisy is being seen by others.

Offline soleil

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »
I don't want to paint everyone with a broad brush, I realize there are people that do care and give, it just ticks me off that Republicans have a reputation for not caring yet so many of them give regularly to charities. I feel like you do about animals and I contribute to no-kill shleters, I can't volunteer though because if I did I'd have 50 animals in the house LOL.

Yeah, I hear you about the animals in the house. After having 3 dogs (2 adopted from going to PetsMart to buy only dog food), I could see my house turning into a dog house. lol! Having my baby made me cut back on bringing dogs home (mainly because I couldn't afford any more dogs, and because they need a lot of attention that I didn't have anymore), but as soon as my older baby dog goes, we will adopt another one. My baby LOVES dogs as much as I do, and I love that.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »
Yeah, I hear you about the animals in the house. After having 3 dogs (2 adopted from going to PetsMart to buy only dog food), I could see my house turning into a dog house. lol! Having my baby made me cut back on bringing dogs home (mainly because I couldn't afford any more dogs, and because they need a lot of attention that I didn't have anymore), but as soon as my older baby dog goes, we will adopt another one. My baby LOVES dogs as much as I do, and I love that.

We always had dogs, but 5 years ago we lost 2 dogs in a 7 month period, the youngest died 1st after a short illness, she was only 5 years old, then the oldest died 7 months later, he was about 12-14 (we adopted him when he was about 1 or 2, they were never sure of his age) and emotionally it did something to hubby and I and I've had a hard time connecting with dogs since and I never thought that would happen. I know that it's fear of attachment and loss when it comes to dogs. It might sound silly but I pray to God to send a stray dog to my house, but he hasn't yet.

Offline soleil

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »
We always had dogs, but 5 years ago we lost 2 dogs in a 7 month period, the youngest died 1st after a short illness, she was only 5 years old, then the oldest died 7 months later, he was about 12-14 (we adopted him when he was about 1 or 2, they were never sure of his age) and emotionally it did something to hubby and I and I've had a hard time connecting with dogs since and I never thought that would happen. I know that it's fear of attachment and loss when it comes to dogs. It might sound silly but I pray to God to send a stray dog to my house, but he hasn't yet.

That is rough. Losing a a beloved pet is sooooo hard. It does make it hard to get another one sometimes. You know their lifespan is much shorter than your own, yet you want them around forever.

I lost one of mine while I was pregnant. It was sudden. He got ran over, which was so freakin crazy because our dogs stay inside mostly (doggie door though), and are always leashed when we take them out. Except that one time. I asked my husband to take Hutch for a ride because (and I said this) it would make his day. Boy did it. My husband had him by the collar and got him in the truck, but at the last minute, he bolted. Ran right across the street into an oncoming truck. Right in front of my husband's eyes. At least Hutch was able to run back to our yard where he died at my husband's feet. The jerk in the truck didn't even stop. It wasn't his fault, but human decency should've taken over. It broke our hearts into a million pieces. Still,  I am luckier for having him for his short 6 years.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »
That is rough. Losing a a beloved pet is sooooo hard. It does make it hard to get another one sometimes. You know their lifespan is much shorter than your own, yet you want them around forever.

I lost one of mine while I was pregnant. It was sudden. He got ran over, which was so freakin crazy because our dogs stay inside mostly (doggie door though), and are always leashed when we take them out. Except that one time. I asked my husband to take Hutch for a ride because (and I said this) it would make his day. Boy did it. My husband had him by the collar and got him in the truck, but at the last minute, he bolted. Ran right across the street into an oncoming truck. Right in front of my husband's eyes. At least Hutch was able to run back to our yard where he died at my husband's feet. The jerk in the truck didn't even stop. It wasn't his fault, but human decency should've taken over. It broke our hearts into a million pieces. Still,  I am luckier for having him for his short 6 years.

Oh wow how awful, I'm so sorry.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »

You don't even wanna know how many I have.  :thatsright:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
You don't even wanna know how many I have.  :thatsright:

OMG really? now you have to tell.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »
I got a dog for my youngest son for his birthday back in 1999.  Named him Ozzy.  He was a mutt, part border collie, part heeler, and the smartest dog I have ever seen in my life.  Ozzy was everyone's friend, all you had to do was pickup whatever toy he brought to you and throw it.  If you threw it somewhere and he didn't know where it was, you could literally tell him where it was!

Ozzy died on Christmas morning, 2004, from lymphatic cancer.  He was only 5 years old....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
I got a dog for my youngest son for his birthday back in 1999.  Named him Ozzy.  He was a mutt, part border collie, part heeler, and the smartest dog I have ever seen in my life.  Ozzy was everyone's friend, all you had to do was pickup whatever toy he brought to you and throw it.  If you threw it somewhere and he didn't know where it was, you could literally tell him where it was!

Ozzy died on Christmas morning, 2004, from lymphatic cancer.  He was only 5 years old....

Oh I'm sorry. It seems you hear more and more dogs dying of cancer at such a young age. It's weird because we always had dogs that lived long lives and we fed all our dogs Alpo, then we start feeding them better food and look what happens.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:27 PM »
Oh I'm sorry. It seems you hear more and more dogs dying of cancer at such a young age. It's weird because we always had dogs that lived long lives and we fed all our dogs Alpo, then we start feeding them better food and look what happens.

We had a Basset Hound named Delilah that was nothing but a "big, old, lovable lump" (my name for her).  We had to have her put down last year due to cancer as well.  She was about 6 or so....

Right now, I'm "daddy' to 2 Dachshunds named Jake and Kinzie.  Kinzie is 4, long-haired, black that fades to brown toward her rear.  Jake is 10, and thinks he's 4, he's a short-haired roan colored with a little graying around his face and feet....

With the kids all grown and moved out, these are my and the misses' babies....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
My interpretive skills are rusty, but is the first "poem" supposed to say that she goes to a local nursery in a new town, meets a lesbian gardener, their "love" blossoms w/ green shoots, they get turned on, do it in some mud, go upstairs to the lesbo gardner's bed room and get it on again? * This may be more disturbing than picturing her having sex with fellow DUmmies, or Jesse James.

*on reflection, maybe not. That tongue thrusting, "making whole" business was rough imagery.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »
Oh dear God.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline JLO

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
About ten seconds in I had a strong urge to jam an ice pick into my eyes and ears, so I decided it was best to stop the video. But I notice that there is nothing but a bunch of two year old comments on there. Has she been policing that POS for the past two years deleting negative comments?

I am betting she reads here, like others quoted.  Pops up in a google search of her name handle.

:rotf:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »
I tried a bit of constructive criticism a few days ago...I freakin' tried. Deleted LITTERALLY minutes later.

I checked.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:31 AM »
I am betting she reads here, like others quoted.  Pops up in a google search of her name handle.

:rotf:

I googled my FReeper handle and I got 91,700 returns. I've been a FReeper for a long long time.

Offline Mona Lisa

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »
oh dear.

very interesting

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »
This is what I meant yesterday in the other torture thread. I thought you'd all seen this.

"The sky darkens with thudding clouds."

"Thudding" clouds? Clouds can "thud"? Wha'?

-------------------
Ahem. Ahhhem. A-h-h-h-em. Ai po-em:

Now we sing dis stupid song!
Sing it as we run along!
Why we sing dis we don't know!
We can't make the words rhyme prop'ly!

Sound off!
One! Two!
Sound off!
Many! Lots!
Sound off!
Er...what?*

*Not original. From Terry Pratchett's Night Watch.

Offline JLO

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »
I googled my FReeper handle and I got 91,700 returns. I've been a FReeper for a long long time.

Well hey! We got you as a popular poster around these parts - good to meet'cha.  Sorry to say that famous movie, singer, dancer gal uses JLO also, so my name is useless to check.  She took MY handle, btw,  lol.

:tongue:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--