Author Topic: lilliputian tom thumb primitive gets a feeling  (Read 2032 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
lilliputian tom thumb primitive gets a feeling
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2643164

Oh my.

The lilliputian tom thumb primitive, the one who uses six Brooklyn telephone directories to sit on, while chugging his great big gas-guzzling pick-up truck, hauling a Vanderbilt-class yacht on the trailer behind, to "recreate" in this Bush economy, the worst economy since construction of the Great Wall of China.

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-09-08 03:14 PM
Original message

You Want A Feeling For How The General Election Is Going To Go?

New Hampshire is a Republican state in which of its approximately 828,000 registered voters 256,000 (30%) are registered as Republicans and 215,000 (26%) signed on as Democrats. There are approximately 356,000 independents in the state.

In yesterdays election the top 3 Democrats received 265,600 votes. The top 3 Republicans received 190,400. Democrats received 58% of te total votes cast for the top 3 candidates in both parties, the top Republicans received 42%.

Let me say that again, of the total votes actually cast in a Republican state for the top 3 candidates on both parties combined the Democrats won 58% to 42%.

Pleasing, isn't it?

I dunno.

I doubt the boat-towing primitive understands what goes on during election years such as this, or how things are set up in New Hampshire.

Clarkansas (305 posts)     Wed Jan-09-08 03:16 PM
Response to Original message

1. The # registered Republicans in New Hampshire is deceiving

Just like the # of registered Democrats in the deep south.

Emit  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-09-08 03:18 PM

2. Yes it is.

I caught a bit of Charlie Rose last night, and though I missed a lot of the commentary (a bunch of talking heads discussing NH), the one thing that stuck out is the length of time spent on Dem candidates. That alone clued me in to the fact that the frontrunners in the GE will be the Dems, no matter who wins the primaries.

Hoof Hearted  (863 posts)      Wed Jan-09-08 03:21 PM

3. Only as SERIOUS screw up by Obama, Clinton or Edwards themselves as our nominee could possibly lose this one, and all three of them are professionals, so I don't see that happening for a second.

I think most of the country will vote for the spotted owl before ANY Republican for President. Just drop by any conservative blog, you can smell the fear and agony.

Oh, I dunno.

I don't scent any fear and agony on this side; it all seems to emanate from Skins's island.

That, and the body odor of the primitives.

IDemo (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-09-08 03:22 PM

4. Pleasing, yes, but we still have nine full months of Swift Boating, negative campaigning, voter caging/disenfranchisement, and misleading polls (there are no other kind), followed by at least several "questionable" Election Day events. I won't allow myself to get Kerry'd away until it's all over.

I didn't gain a thing from "analyzing" the results in New Hampshire, myself; more Democrats voted because of the media attention given the Democrat candidates, nothing more.  It's like a football game, where people are "fans" of the team that gets the most media coverage.

I suspect the big-truck driving primitive's going to crash.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: lilliputian tom thumb primitive gets a feeling
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »
They believe....

Exit polls = actual votes.......check.

Primary turnout numbers = General Election results.......check

Things seem to be going according to plans. :-)