Author Topic: Global nothing  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Hatman

• Probationary (Probie)
Global nothing
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »
This forum is exactly what I am looking for!  I certainly posted my first post in the wrong area.  Well in brief one thing my son and I but heads on most is global warming.  Now I live outside of Philadelphia and this past winter was brutal, I checked on it and we ended up setting a record for most snow in a season.  I'll tell you I've never seen so much snow, it was one storm after another after another.  Now, like I said, to me that just proves what a bunch of rubbish this warming is.  I watch the news every morning and look at the record highs, seems like it was pretty hot years ago too.  Well if any of you guys have some nice quick facts I could throw at my son I'd love to hear them, I guess political ammunition is the right word :lmao:  I'll say my son and I get along and like I said in my first post we love fishing the surf together, we just don't always see eye to eye.  He's always saying "show me the science" so a couple of good facts would be good to have.  Well I'll continue to browse the forum too.  Have a good day guys.
-Roger 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Global nothing
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »
One season's snow is anecdotal and doesn't make a good arguing point because next year's winter could be historically warm but that wouldn't prove AGW.

Take your time, read up.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
Have your son watch this:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWa7VW-OME[/youtube]
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »
HEY!  I wanna see the rest of that.  :popcorn: