Author Topic: Sunday Magazine  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Sunday Magazine
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
Looks like an excellent time waster for the cubicle-bound.
Every Friday I post the most interesting articles from the New York Times Sunday Magazine that was published exactly 100 years ago that weekend.

The New York Times Sunday Magazine is full of interesting articles about politics, science, crime, life, language, and human interest. It features fantastic writing and photography. It’s my favorite section in the paper.

It turns out that no matter how far back you go towards the supplement’s 1896 debut, the Magazine Section (as it was called back then) was always filled with amazing long-form articles including many that are as interesting today as they were then. Some even more so. I stumbled upon this fact on April 1, when I began to get annoyed with every website’s need to pull some sort of prank. I wondered if companies did this sort of thing back at the turn of the last century. Searching for old articles about April Fool’s Day, I found this great article published in the NY Times on March 31, 1912...

http://sundaymagazine.org/
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.