Author Topic: Every time.......  (Read 2015 times)

Offline ardentconservative

• Just Off Probation
Every time.......
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »
Seems like lately everytime I do something on my computer something goes wrong.  Yesterday I downloaded SP2 for my Acer 64 bit computer. 

Now the newsreader that I use to access a forum that I go to won't work properly, or not at all. I have five other forums that I go to, including this one, that it didn't affect.  On the forum that I use the newsreader on it also messed up Web View.  I can hardly access the forum through the newsreader, or Web View. 

Since it didn't affect any of the other forums that I go to, wouldn't it be a good bet that SP2 if somehow in conflict with the setting on that forum. 

Anyone know what might have caused this problem. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Every time.......
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »
Without knowing the particulars, it'd be a SWAG. Perhaps your newsreader isn't compatible with the upgrade?? Perhaps you had a corrupt file download?? Too many variables to know what is going on.

This is like asking the question: Johnny paid 5¢ for an apple. Fred paid 10¢ for an orange. Is Johnny black or white??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ardentconservative

• Just Off Probation
Re: Every time.......
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
Well, guys, I finally found what the problem what.  Two startup programs that worked well with Vista SP1 was in conflict with SP2. 

Both programs are Acer programs loaded on the computer when it was new and was running Vista SP1.  Then when I downloaded SP2 the programs conflicted with SP2 and slowed down the computer, my newsreader would hardly work, and it would take forever to load some sites.  I went through all the progams in "Services" and nothing helped, then I went through the programs in "Startup" and when I disabled these two Acer programs the computer started worked properly again.

:hi5:          :hi5:         :hi5: