Author Topic: Tea Party Racism: Liberals Lie  (Read 1135 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Tea Party Racism: Liberals Lie
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Yes, you. The one reading these words right now. You.

What’s that you say? No, you’re not a racist?

Prove it.

That’s the situation the Tea Partiers find themselves in this week, after claims that during the Obamacare protests on Capitol Hill last weekend, African-American congressmen were subjected to… well, here’s how William Douglas of McClatchy Newspapers described it.

WARNING: RACIAL EPITHET AHEAD, AS IT APPEARED IN THE NEWSPAPER:

Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted “******” Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s…

“They were shouting, sort of harassing,” Lewis said. “But, it’s okay, I’ve faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean.”

Lewis said he was leaving the Cannon office building across from the Capitol when protesters shouted “Kill the bill, kill the bill,” Lewis said.

“I said ‘I’m for the bill, I support the bill, I’m voting for the bill’,” Lewis said.

A colleague who was accompanying Lewis said people in the crowd responded by saying “Kill the bill, then the n-word.”

Did you catch that last part? As Jack Cashill at the American Thinker points out, there’s some sleight of hand going on here. Lewis himself isn’t quoted as saying he heard it. The “n-word” claim is attributed to an unnamed colleague. Who? Apparently it doesn’t matter who.

Somehow this is turned into the headline, “Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia’s John Lewis.” Not “Georgia’s John Lewis claims” or “Colleague of Georgia’s John Lewis alleges.” No, they make a direct statement of fact that is, based on the story itself, tenuous at best. Some guy who was with Lewis claims he heard somebody yell something. So hey, it must have happened the way he said it did, right? Why even try to verify it? Everybody knows those Tea Party guys are racists.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/24/youre-a-racist/#ixzz0j7joBPY5
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."