Author Topic: Adding second hard drive to windows 7?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline thundley4

Adding second hard drive to windows 7?
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
Does anyone know of any little glitches or problems that may pop up? I've done it many times under XP, but haven't tried it yet with Win 7.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Adding second hard drive to windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »
You may run into some permissions problems. Just remember, you may have to go into the administrative tools and use the drive manager to get it to run just like in XP (sometimes)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »
You may run into some permissions problems. Just remember, you may have to go into the administrative tools and use the drive manager to get it to run just like in XP (sometimes)

I was hoping that they hadn't made it any worse than XP. I'll be finding out for sure very shortly.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:44:32 PM »
I just installed W7 on one of my PCs. Only a few minor glitches. My screen resolution will go to 1600 x 900 now, but I can't access the start menu button. The other was my sound card. New drivers solved that.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »
I just tossed in a spare 200gig hard drive into a Win 7 computer. I have another 120 gig drive to add tomorrow. I like having plenty of storage.