Author Topic: So I Bought My 16 year Old Son some rubbers  (Read 3600 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: So I Bought My 16 year Old Son some rubbers
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 12:56:45 AM »
I have boys. My husband and I have always had open communication about anything and everything with them.  If they were old enough to ask, they were old enough to know.  I did not allow street slang for body parts.  They had to use the correct word or I wouldn't discuss sex with them.  If they didn't know the proper word, we looked it up together. Back in those days I kept many medical books.

Morals and values are not only taught, they are learned from watching.  In a perfect world there would only be sex with love but life isn't perfect.  You do what you can to help and protect your kids always hoping for the best.  I would have done the same things if I had a daughter.

Humor DOES help.

The stories I could tell.   :-)   

Having one of each....it's always been easier to talk to my son regarding sex. I think you are right, that humor was/is a help. Even at 28, he still comes to talk to me/us regarding his personal life. He's in a bit of a dilemma now, trying to make a relationship work when she lives halfway across the country...and has asked our opinion on a variety of issues. Pretty neat, to have him even want to know our opinion.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: So I Bought My 16 year Old Son some rubbers
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2010, 06:25:15 AM »
As a mother of a boy and two girls your last sentence offends me. 

Sorry to have offended you BEG, I should have inserted the word [ some ] in there twice--some men--some woman.