Author Topic: Pillar of the Illinois State Police  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Pillar of the Illinois State Police
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:32 AM »
The Illinois State Police Department currently has 37 chaplains or volunteer clergy who provide spiritual support for troopers, other employees and their families. Most are Christian; some are Jewish; and until last December, none was Muslim. That is when a Chicago Islamic leader named Kifah Mustapha went through the training and became the department's first Muslim chaplain, its 'pillar of the state police.'

But not everyone welcomed Mustapha's new position with the state police.

"First I thought there was another Kifah Mustapha. I could not believe that it could have been the same Kifah Mustapha who was associated with a terrorist organization and who was listed a year just a year and a half ago and was an unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorist case that the government won," said Steve Emerson, Investigative Project on Terrorism.

"His appointment in Illinois is one of the most shocking developments and demonstrations of government ineptitude that I have ever seen," said Emerson.

Emerson, an oft quoted, self-styled national security expert who has testified before Congress, posted public Justice Department documents on his Web site that cite Mustapha as a member of the Muslim Brotherhood's Palestine Committee, an organization that federal prosecutors say raises money for Hamas and is "committed to the globalization of Islam and violent jihad."

During the deposition in a 2001 civil terrorism suit, Mustapha admitted being the "registered agent for Holy Land Foundation in Illinois...soliciting money" for Holy Land programs until the group was frozen by U.S. Authorities.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=7309866

List of unindicted co-conspirators-http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/US_v_HLF_Unindicted_Coconspirators.pdf

Naturally, CAIR and ACLU are trying to discredit Emerson.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston