Author Topic: Pedro to Johan: You're No. 1  (Read 1520 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Pedro to Johan: You're No. 1
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »
I love this.  Pedro is no dummy, and he's not going to let his ego get in the way of the team doing well this year.

TAKE IT FROM ME
PEDRO HAS NO PROBLEM STEPPING BEHIND JOHAN

By BART HUBBUCH

March 12, 2008 -- PORT ST. LUCIE - Willie Randolph hasn't officially named an Opening Day starter yet, so Pedro Martinez did it for him yesterday.

Despite another strong simulation and the best health he has enjoyed in years, Pedro conceded the Mets' March 31 opener against the Marlins at Dolphin Stadium to prized addition Johan Santana.

"When Johan arrived, that was the first day [the Opening Day starter] was decided," Martinez said after throwing a 59-pitch simulated game here. "You don't pay a guy $150 million or whatever to come over here and be the No. 2 or No. 3 [starter]. It's impossible."

No one ever expected Santana to be anything but the Mets' No. 1 starter when they acquired the two-time Cy Young winner from the Twins last month and lavished a record-setting contract on him.

I am giddy about the Mets' starting staff this year . . . and the injured players are coming back right at the right time. :-) :-) :-)

The rest of the article is at:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122008/sports/mets/take_it_from_me_101531.htm
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.