Author Topic: Horse With No Brain Loses Job (Long Screed Alert)  (Read 11925 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Horse With No Brain Loses Job (Long Screed Alert)
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:03:16 AM »
Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)
Tue Mar-02-10 11:31 AM
Original message
I lost my job because I was sick

I work (ed) for the shittiest company in healthcare. A corporate whore in Nashville who pretends to deliver "quality" healthcare.
Big surprise that they don't. They treat their employees like shit. There are blogs out there in every city they operate that highlight the deficiencies of the company.
They have changed the absence/sick time policy 15 times in 5 years to their benefit of course.
Fifteen.
Their "newest" change has been that they force you to use your vacation time BEFORE you can use your sick time.
They use EVERY loophole to harass your physician if you have the audacity to apply for FMLA. They make employees fill out the papers every 3 months AND every single time you are sick trying to piss off your doctor.
They have conflicting policies. They "say" that you cannot work with a fever. However, they actively encourage you to take Tylenol and come to work. Throwing up? Dose up with Phenergan. Diarrhea? Take some Immodium.
Bring your sick ass to work!
Ancillary areas (housekeeping etc)...they drive them like SLAVES. They are scheduled for 12 hour shifts. They stand over them to get the checkouts cleaned and THEN send them home 2-4 hours after they come to work--depriving them of full shifts.
Some of them got wise to the practice and filed unemployment--those employees were weeded out in a company wide layoff.
I am NOT upset that I lost my job. I hated it and sheer laziness prevented me from leaving. Fortunately I will be able to get a job.
I had the WORST supervisor in the history of work. He needed anger management AND medication.
Skilled clinicians are leaving in droves.
They fought my unemployment. I won.
Slam dunk. No contest.
I should qualify for the COBRA discount so all is fine there.
This is the thing that FLOORS me.
Our 401k is supposed to be able to be funded back to us in FOUR days.
However...it has been 3 weeks and it still is not funded.
Why???
Because the employer doesn't have ENOUGH money in their account to fund it???
HOW is that even legal?
It sounds like fraud to me. Hundreds of thousands of employee contributions are deducted EACH month...and trust me, my 401k took a HUGE hit in the market. It is under $5k.
So...fighting this lengthy illness and losing my job--I have not been able to be a very good member...I will have to get my star back when my 401k funds back (seems like it might take a while!)
But...through this ordeal, it seems to me as if there should be some kind of safeguard to the employees that have 401k's.

She needs to look into paragraphs... :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

Re: Horse With No Brain Loses Job (Long Screed Alert)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »
They use EVERY loophole to harass your physician if you have the audacity to apply for FMLA. They make employees fill out the papers every 3 months AND every single time you are sick trying to piss off your doctor.

Wow, so they want updated paperwork every three months when you are malingering? How many times have you been sick?  Maybe they were trying to stop people calling in sick for now reason?

In over 21 years at the same job, I have never called in sick.  Twice I have stopped by work on the way home from the emergency to tell them I wouldn't be in the next day.  One of those times I was on crutches and the other time I had a knee brace on.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
Quote from:
Horse with no Name

I lost my job

Three cheers for Vanguard Health Systems!!!!  They unloaded a worthless moonbat and will be a better company for it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:24 AM »
wolfgangmo  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-02-10 11:56 AM
Response to Original message
11. This is NOT about you.

But in my opinion (as a clinic owner) that ANY medical professional that would work at a health insurance company should have their heads, hearts and psyches checked. If you are working for an insurance company know that you are putting your immortal soul at risk (or at least your self worth).

Just my 2 cents. If it was up to me we would round up ever insurance exec, top level administrator, IME, and major investor, line them all up in front of a wall and machine gun them and their children (to make sure we get their bad genes out of the gene pool) until their is nothing left but hamberger.

But I'm not bitter. I just get to watch what they do to decent people every hour of every day at work.

Go **** yourself.  You too, Horsie.

Do I share a city with Horsie?  Good gawd.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
Go **** yourself.  You too, Horsie.

Do I share a city with Horsie?  Good gawd.

I always thought she was in Northeast Texas.

And yeah, that post from wolfgangmo deserves a hearty  :bird:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
Quote from:
wolfgangmo

If it was up to me we would round up ever insurance exec, top level administrator, IME, and major investor, line them all up in front of a wall and machine gun them and their children (to make sure we get their bad genes out of the gene pool) until their is nothing left but hamberger.

But I'm not bitter.

Oh no, there's no way some quack like you is bitter. Why even bring it up!?!

:mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:45:01 AM »
wolfgangmo probably has a shrine to Joe Stack in his bedroom.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
In other news, productivity made a sudden 10% increase in Nashville this week, analysts are flocking to the head office of one particular insurance agency to try to determine the secret behind their breakout success.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »
In other words, she'd been warned over and over again about her continual unexcused absences, habitual tardiness, leaving before the workday was done, and not pulling her weight when she bothered to show up. Instead of doing her job, she spent most of her time bitching about it thus her work had to done by someone else. They finally had enough of her crap and fired her ass.

But I always thought she was a nurse. Glad to know she doesn't get that close to real humans.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »
There's a woman like that in my department.  There's nothing wrong with her that losing 100 pounds wouldn't fix, but she's constantly calling out of work or leaving early.  She's actually called the ambulance to come and pick her up from work.  She was perfectly capable of walking but made those poor bastards bring a gurney up the elevator to come and get her.  She wants disability and is probably trying to build a case history so she can point at it and tell them "See! See!  I'm sick!".

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
wolfgangmo probably has a shrine to Joe Stack in his bedroom.

I was thinking Adolf Hitler!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
At least Hitler had enough ambition to get elected Chancellor.  Joe Stack was just a no-name loser, just like wolfgang.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
I'm out on a medical leave right now, as my Doc, in his infinite wisdom, had me on methadone for my back pain. After finding out how nasty that shit is I started tapering it off. Think heroin withdrawals! It's been 8 days now, a change in Docs, and I think I have it licked, finally! Damn, never, ever, want to do that again! Had taken lortab for years with no problems. My ex-Doc thought methadone would be better. NOT! It's more addictive than heroin and getting off the stuff gives one thoughts of just ending it all to stop the pain! New Doc thinks anywhere from 7-21 days and a risk of losing my frikkin' mind, to get it completely out of my system.

ETA:

Went by the office yesterday and they wanted to know how soon I could be back! Seems when I'm not there they have no one to pull up the slack. Horsey, I'm thinkin' was never going to be missed!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:21:25 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
I'm out on a medical leave right now, as my Doc, in his infinite wisdom, had me on methadone for my back pain. After finding out how nasty that shit is I started tapering it off. Think heroin withdrawals! It's been 8 days now, a change in Docs, and I think I have it licked, finally! Damn, never, ever, want to do that again! Had taken lortab for years with no problems. My ex-Doc thought methadone would be better. NOT! It's more addictive than heroin and getting off the stuff gives one thoughts of just ending it all to stop the pain! New Doc thinks anywhere from 7-21 days and a risk of losing my frikkin' mind, to get it completely out of my system.

ETA:

Went by the office yesterday and they wanted to know how soon I could be back! Seems when I'm not there they have no one to pull up the slack. Horsey, I'm thinkin' was never going to be missed!

Man, Allo, so sorry about this! What a bummer. I'll include you in my prayers. Too bad you weren't a DUmmie as drugs would probably enhance your job skills.

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
wolfgangmo
Just my 2 cents. If it was up to me we would round up ever insurance exec, top level administrator, IME, and major investor, line them all up in front of a wall and machine gun them and their children (to make sure we get their bad genes out of the gene pool) until their is nothing left but hamberger.

But I'm not bitter. I just get to watch what they do to decent people every hour of every day at work.

I don't know, maybe we should call Vanguard and report "wolfgangmo" for suggesting to use gun violence against their employees - AND THEIR CHILDREN.  Seems like that's a crime, eh?  

And they say we're the fringe and violent.  

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
I don't know, maybe we should call Vanguard and report "wolfgangmo" for suggesting to use gun violence against their employees - AND THEIR CHILDREN.  Seems like that's a crime, eh? 

And they say we're the fringe and violent. 

Sure does qualify as a hate crime in my book!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:05:41 PM »
Man, Allo, so sorry about this! What a bummer. I'll include you in my prayers. Too bad you weren't a DUmmie as drugs would probably enhance your job skills.

Cindie

No worries, Cin, I been livin' with it since '98. Thanx! You always have been one of the Good Ones!

Conservatives are strange that way, aren't we? Compassion is just one of our givens!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »
Sure does qualify as a hate crime in my book!

Sounds like a real threat to me. The Nashville PD have an email?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
The empty-headed equine is in Nashville, not the other dipshit that want to shoot everyone bearing the apparently-genetic taint of corporate management.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

ETA:

My brother died of a methadone overdose....his wife's methadone.  The coroner told me that he had enough methadone in him to kill several people.  I'm so glad to hear you took yourself off it before you got addicted. 

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »
My brother died of a methadone overdose....his wife's methadone.  The coroner told me that he had enough methadone in him to kill several people.  I'm so glad to hear you took yourself off it before you got addicted. 

I was addicted! That's why I had to get off the damn stuff! Didn't realize it until I ran out on a Sunday and couldn't get any! That was last Sunday, I'm on day 8 and my whole body hurts. I changed Docs 'cause the asshole never even mentioned how addicting it was when he put me on it 6 years ago, then left me hanging out to dry when I started going thru withdrawals. The first couple of days is pure hell!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
I was addicted! That's why I had to get off the damn stuff! Didn't realize it until I ran out on a Sunday and couldn't get any! That was last Sunday, I'm on day 8 and my whole body hurts. I changed Docs 'cause the asshole never even mentioned how addicting it was when he put me on it 6 years ago, then left me hanging out to dry when I started going thru withdrawals. The first couple of days is pure hell!

The coroner told me that is is very addicting.  I didn't realize you were on it for 6 years.  Ironically they gave it to my brothers widow (I don't consider her my SIL) because she was addicted to oxycotton  (she has facial pain).  My brother was self-medicating because of an adrenal tumor that he didn't know he had, he thought he was crazy.  She willingly gave him methadone knowing what it can do to someone who doesn't take it regularly.  Her dose would be MUCH higher than someone who doesn't regularly  take it.  Even though he was an adult I place most of the blame on her. 

What are you taking for your back pain now?  What is wrong with your back?   

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
I always thought she was in Northeast Texas.

She is.

The corporate headquarters are in Nashville, that's all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
Three cheers for Vanguard Health Systems!!!!  They unloaded a worthless moonbat and will be a better company for it.

Yeah.

As you can imagine, I'm not too, uh, unhappy about it.

Couldn't happen to a better primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
The coroner told me that is is very addicting.  I didn't realize you were on it for 6 years.  Ironically they gave it to my brothers widow (I don't consider her my SIL) because she was addicted to oxycotton  (she has facial pain).  My brother was self-medicating because of an adrenal tumor that he didn't know he had, he thought he was crazy.  She willingly gave him methadone knowing what it can do to someone who doesn't take it regularly.  Her dose would be MUCH higher than someone who doesn't regularly  take it.  Even though he was an adult I place most of the blame on her.  

What are you taking for your back pain now?  What is wrong with your back?    

I was only taking 40mg's a day. I cut it down to 10 before I went cold turkey. The pic is 6 stainless steel screws in my lower spine. I've had a total of 3 surgeries and they want to do one more.

When I worked construction, I thought I had to be the meanest SOB in the valley, and unloaded an 1800 lb cabinet by myself. The truck driver had a schedule to keep, and I was the only one there. He was "Union" of course and couldn't help.

Didn't even know how bad I had hurt myself for 2 years. I have good days and bad days. I'm back on the lortab. Which is 7.5 mg codeine 4 times a day, or more for breakthru pain. Been on it before, if I run out it's no big deal. Doesn't cause me any withdrawals.

I'm thinking of suing the butthead that prescribed the methadone. It would have been one thing if he had informed me of the addictive nature.

I joined a forum where guys told me kicking heroin is not as hard as gettin' off methadone. Scared the hell outa me, and I decided I needed to quit the stuff. I don't like the idea of being a slave to a drug!

I'm still having some withdrawal symptoms, but it's getting a lot better. I figure another coupla days and I can go back to work.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:46:22 PM by AllosaursRus »