Author Topic: Why does Harry Reid hate the unemployed?  (Read 901 times)

Offline thundley4

Why does Harry Reid hate the unemployed?
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »
Posted by Erick Erickson
Tuesday, March 2nd at 1:44PM EST

Why does Harry Reid hate the unemployed? Why does he want people to starve?

Why does Harry Reid hate highway projects? Why does he want people to tear up their cars hitting potholes?

It’s true. The evidence is in the Senate on the floor right now.

Jim Bunning does not want to vote for the unemployment extension plus highway bill without knowing where the money is coming from. He has, consequently, objected to unanimous consent for passage.

All Harry Reid has to do is bring the bill to the floor for an actual vote. All he needs is 51 votes for this, unlike the health care bill.

Can Harry Reid not get 51 Democrats to fund unemployment benefits? That’s all he needs. But he won’t bring the bill up for an actual vote. He wants all 100 Senators to go along with it.

That won’t happen.

So Harry Reid is holding the unemployed hostage for a photo-op. It’s like the President bringing reporters along to take pictures of the coffins unloading at Dover Air Force Base — crass and political, but devoid of substance.

Why does Harry Reid hate the unemployed so much that he’d hold them hostage for a photo-op?
Redstate

Anyone that has visited the DUmp has seen countless threads about Jim Bunning. To them , he is the new target.  I agree with what Bunning is doing, and I wish a few more Republicans would come out in support of him.

Offline Javelin

Re: Why does Harry Reid hate the unemployed?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
Well all spending must end, not just the unemployment.  So if you ask me its a photo op for more than one side.  People can bleed red or blue for their respective party but both have had many many years to prove their salt and both fall extremely short of the bar.  Hence why I say its a photo op for both sides. 

Yet I will say this.  This is where the rubber really does meet the road.  We shall see how those conservatives who are unemployed feel and act come out during this photo op.  Some red may bleed a little blue, surprisingly.  Yet there is no way they will keep the unemployed waiting long.  Once the pictures are done being taken, more money will be spent, unfortunately.