Author Topic: At least he didn't use the word, "Nazi"  (Read 1942 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
At least he didn't use the word, "Nazi"
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »
In recent years, every major scientific body in the world has produced reports confirming the peril of climate change. All 15 of the warmest years on record have come in the last two decades. And Earth's major natural systems are all showing undeniable signs of rapid flux: melting Arctic and glacial ice, rapidly acidifying seawater and so on.

Yet because of a recent onslaught of attacks on the science of climate change, fewer Americans now believe humans are warming the planet than did just a few years ago.

The doubters of climate science have launched an enormously clever -- and effective -- campaign, and it's worth trying to understand how they've done it. The best analogy is perhaps the O.J. Simpson trial.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-mckibben25-2010feb25,0,193293.story

So we aren't really genocidal madmen or their appeasers...we're defense attorneys for murderously deranged ex-husbands.

BTW - The author (a lefty political activist) is being taken to task in the comment section.

:hi5:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: At least he didn't use the word, "Nazi"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
The doubters of climate science have launched an enormously clever -- and effective -- campaign

It's called fact checking

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
The doubters of climate science have launched an enormously clever -- and effective -- campaign

It's called fact checking

Who woulda thunk that telling the truth would be a gimmick?  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
Who woulda thunk that telling the truth would be a gimmick?  :lmao:

Kind of like 0Bama calling the Dim HCR plan a prop during the summit?