Author Topic: What Do Muslim Nations Think about Terrorists?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

What Do Muslim Nations Think about Terrorists?
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
Both before and after the terrorist attacks on our country in 2001, we have been assured that Islam is a religion of peace, that most Muslims don't identify with the terrorists, and indeed that most do not wish us ill.This conviction has driven our war on terrorism --

A recently published study of attitudes toward the Iranian-funded terrorist groups Hamas and Hezbollah by the Pew Global Attitudes Project is most instructive in this regard.

First, the good news. Turks do condemn terrorism ---

Alas, that's the end of the good news.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/02/what_do_muslim_nations_think_a.html
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: What Do Muslim Nations Think about Terrorists?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »
We're not listening to that tripe. To think that Islam isn't a peaceful religion culture way of life is to deny us in our never-ending quest for political correctness.

After all, we have it coming to us. Bush attacked Iraq and Afghanistan, so it's quite normal that Muslims have a problem with us.

[/lib mode]
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:43 AM »
We're not listening to that tripe. To think that Islam isn't a peaceful religion culture way of life is to deny us in our never-ending quest for political correctness.

After all, we have it coming to us. Bush attacked Iraq and Afghanistan, so it's quite normal that Muslims have a problem with us.

[/lib mode]

Eupher, I believe the Muslim country's are so scared of their people coming to America and becoming Westernized they are finding it very difficult to control their people and keep the believers under their thumb.

Muslims come here and build family's based on the culture and faith of their forefathers, problem for them is they live around Americans that are not only following a couple hundred years of their own traditions and faith, it is radically different from theirs.

Put it this way, say I marry a man from the middle east and move to his home and parents home.   After 20+ years of living in America and having my family and comunity follow traditions all this different mind think is going to be a bit overwhelming.

As my children come along they are indoctrinated into the comunity they were born in.    When my kids become teenage natural curiosity about other life styles will cause what is called unapproved questions that may challenge the comunity standards.

Say one of my daughters asks me about my life at her age, 13.  I cannot tell her that I was FREE of male domination or forced to marry a 80 year old man. She may be so forced by father or brother but I could make my own choices she can't.

Turn this around now, your neighbor was born and raised in a Muslim home, she in an arranged marriage came to America, your town.

She can have children and send them to Muslim schools, follow traditions only until they hit their teens.  These kids are little by little becoming Western living, they watch TV, have computers, they are not stupid, they want to live in the here and now not in the 1800's.

This as I see it is a clash more of culture then faith. The keepers of the culture are so afraid of loosing their power and turning their lives upside down they are willing to die to protect it.

Like getting in the old " Way Back Machine"  and watching the distruction of Rome, the Greek Wars, the Christians wiping out the pagans of Europe.

We Americans are on the scene of perhaps the greatest battle of culture and faith to happen so far.

Unfortunately, we are right in the middle of this culture war.   I have been told that our Civil War was the first war to be fought not for land, wealth or to expand an empire.   The North fought for an idea, a belief, a way of life. The South also fought and died for their ideas and culture.

Gives me the willies are the Muslims,  they are way more dangerous to us then the " ON would Christian Soldiers " of yesteryear.

They do not fight for slaves, they do not fight for wealth or to expand their Empire.   They fight for their faith, culture and their God.

Perhaps the most dangerous reason for war, the people themselves are confused, the generations are parting ways building their own traditions and much like when Martin Luther nailed his demands on a church door, causing descent in their own ranks.

Interesting times we live in, what to do.?

Get ready, this is in no way our fault that we are different from them, live different eat different, we choose the culture we live in and BTW so do they.

It is not anyones fault if the Muslim world decides to travel abroad and is confronted with things that are abhorent to them.  They don't like it they should stay home.   These are not missionarys you know, these are angry people that are watching, as we are, the collapse of their culture the farther they travel.

Anger and fear are pwerfull emotions,  they are putting the blame for their problems on every other culture in the world.   

I feel so sad about the woman and children caught up in all this, but those adorable little male toddlers they have will grow up to want to kill your male children that love and protect their own mothers.

It is raining out today, very depressing and gloomy.   

Don't bother Thor, I will do it for you ------ :mental: :mental: :mental: 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
Actually, vesta, I don't think you're nuts at all -- this time, anyway.  :lmao:

Seriously, you are correct -- Islam is much more than a religion. It's a culture and much, much more. Our problem as Americans is thinking that Islam is ONLY a religion. We forget completely about the fact that Sharia law has been enacted in many parts of the Muslim world and that the religion controls every aspect of their lives.

Since the liberals have been so successful in removing religion from our community, it's difficult for us to imagine (unless you live in Utah) that the state is controlled by the predominant faith. But it is so.

Most Americans are hell-bent in assimilating Islam into our culture rather than insisting that Islam assimilate into ours.

THAT is the great tragedy.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
Actually, vesta, I don't think you're nuts at all -- this time, anyway.  :lmao:

Seriously, you are correct -- Islam is much more than a religion. It's a culture and much, much more. Our problem as Americans is thinking that Islam is ONLY a religion. We forget completely about the fact that Sharia law has been enacted in many parts of the Muslim world and that the religion controls every aspect of their lives.

Since the liberals have been so successful in removing religion from our community, it's difficult for us to imagine (unless you live in Utah) that the state is controlled by the predominant faith. But it is so.

Most Americans are hell-bent in assimilating Islam into our culture rather than insisting that Islam assimilate into ours.

THAT is the great tragedy.
I don't know what vestanumbers said, but she is nuts.
And islam isn't a religion at all. It is a primitive, bloodthirsty cult, based on the concept of women as livestock, justification of pedophilia, and murder. Otherwise, it's just another mainstream way of life.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
Yeah um, American Thinker?  we already knew that....