Author Topic: Dear Mr. President  (Read 957 times)

Offline 5412

Dear Mr. President
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Dear Mr. President,

You have asked for suggestions on helping the environment.  I have an idea that could save thousands, if not millions of gallons of fuel.

Please issue a presidential order that John Murtha and Jane Fonda be buried in adjoining graves sites.  I know thousands of former Vietnam military personnel who have expressed a desire to pay their respects when they pass on.  If they are buried next to each other they could visit both graves on one trip.

Once we get to the cemetery I know they will be easy to spot because there will be no grass growing on either of them.

Thank you sir,

A Humble Peasant

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Dear Mr. President
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »
Dear Mr. President,

You have asked for suggestions on helping the environment.  I have an idea that could save thousands, if not millions of gallons of fuel.

Please issue a presidential order that John Murtha and Jane Fonda be buried in adjoining graves sites.  I know thousands of former Vietnam military personnel who have expressed a desire to pay their respects when they pass on.  If they are buried next to each other they could visit both graves on one trip.

Once we get to the cemetery I know they will be easy to spot because there will be no grass growing on either of them.

Thank you sir,

A Humble Peasant

Outstanding recommendation, 5412.  :cheersmate:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Dear Mr. President
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus