Author Topic: IPCC Chief: Screw You!  (Read 1470 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
IPCC Chief: Screw You!
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
The embattled chief of the UN's climate change body has hit out at his critics and refused to resign or apologise for a ­damaging mistake in a landmark 2007 report on global warming.

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, said it would be hypocritical to apologise for the false claim that ­Himalayan glaciers could melt away by 2035, because he was not personally responsible for that part of the report. "You can't expect me to be personally responsible for every word in a 3,000 page report," he said.

The IPCC issued a statement that expressed regret for the mistake, but Pachauri said a personal apology would be a "populist" step.

"I don't do too many populist things, that's why I'm so unpopular with a certain section of society," he said.

In a robust defence of his position and of the science of climate change, Pachauri said:

• The mistake had seriously damaged the IPCC's credibility and boosted the efforts of climate sceptics.

• It was an isolated mistake, down to human error and "totally out of character" for the panel.

• It does not undermine the "basic truth" that human activity is causing temperatures to rise.

• That he would not resign and was ­subject to lies about his personal income and lifestyle.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/02/climate-change-pachauri-un-glaciers

Good enough for me! Let's get back to business.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: IPCC Chief: Screw You!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »
He needs to put his railroad engineer cap on and go back to trying to make the trains run on time instead of trying to ruin the world economy.